It’s almost time to see Sugomori City in a whole new light.
On Tuesday, Aniplex of America unveiled their English dub cast for Kiznaiver. The series will star the following:
- Katsuhira Agata: Rylan Strachan
- Noriko Sonozaki: Natasha Strickey
- Chidori Takashiro: Caitlynne Medrek
- Hajime Tenga: Lucas Gilbertson
- Tsugihito Yuta: Scott Roberts
- Honoka Maki: Lori Bachynski
- Nico Niyama: Katrina Salisbury
- Yoshiharu Hisomu: Hans Wackershauser
- Kazunao Yamada: Michael Adamthwaite
- Mutsumi Urushibara: Jennifer Cameron
Karl Willems is directing the adaptation, which features scripts by Mark Macdonald.
Aniplex also announced their home video release plans for the series. The company will release the entire show in a two-disc set on December 26. The set, which is priced at $149.48, will include the following extras:
- Textless Openings
- Textless Closings
- Art Cards with illustrations by Shirow Miwa
- Art Box with illustrations by Shirow Miwa
- Blu-ray Case with illustration by character designer Mai Yoneyama
Aniplex unveiled an English trailer for the release, which you can check out below:
Kiznaiver aired during the Spring 2016 broadcast season. Hiroshi Kobayashi directed the project at studio Trigger, with Mari Okada (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) writing the show’s scripts. Mai Yoneyama (Hill Climb Girl) provided character designs. Yuuki Hayashi (Robotics;Notes, Blood Lad) scored the show’s soundtrack.
Boom Boom Satellites performed the show’s opening, while Sangatsu no Phantasia handled the closing theme.
Aniplex of America describes Kiznaiver as:
The story is set in Sugomori-city, built in a reclaimed land, which was once prosperous as a futuristic city. Katsuhira Agata, a high school boy who is living in the city, has a strange body which can feel no pain at all and he doesn’t know why. Before summer vacation, by the guidance of a mysterious girl named Noriko Sonozaki, he is chosen as a member of “Kiznaiver,” a group of people who share pain. Then he finds his classmates who are also connected as “Kiznaiver,” however, they originally belong to different groups that never got along.
Sonozaki says, “This is an experiment to guide the world filled with wars to peace.” Following her words, they have to face various trials.
One summer story of boys and girls who have to share each other’s wounds begins.
Source: YouTube (AniplexUS)