Get ready for some alchemic action in this new trailer!
Earlier today, the Fullmetal Alchemist live-action film’s official website updated with a new teaser trailer. The promo, which hypes up the movie’s IMAX screenings, highlights several of its action scenes.
The live-action Fullmetal Alchemist film hits Japanese theaters on December 1. Fans who attend the screening will receive a “special-edition comic” by original author Hiromu Arakawa. The comic will be the first new Fullmetal Alchemist material that she’s written in seven years.
Fumihiko Sori (Ping Pong) was tapped to direct the feature. He commented on the adaptation process, stating that he wants “to create a style which follows the original manga as much as possible. The cast is fully Japanese, but the cultural background is European. That said, it’s a style that doesn’t espouse a specific race or country.” He continued on this train of thought, stating that “There will never be a scene in which a character states something that will define them as Japanese.”
The confirmed cast includes:
- Edward Elric: Ryosuke Yamada
- Alphonse Elric: Atomu Mizuishi
- Winry Rockbell: Tsubasa Honda
- Roy Mustang: Dean Fujioka
- General Hakuro: Fumiyo Kohinata
- Maes Hughes: Ryuta Sato
- Riza Hawkeye: Misako Renbutsu
- Maria Ross: Natsuna
- Gracia Hughes: Natsuki Harada
- Shou Tucker: Yo Oizumi
- Doctor Marco: Jun Kunimura
- Lust: Yasuko Matsuyuki
- Envy: Kanata Hongou
- Gluttony: Shinji Uchiyama
- Father Cornello: Kenjiro Ishimaru
Source: Comic Natalie