We’re getting one more glimpse at the great Koga Ninja Scrolls before they return to the world in January.
Earlier today, the official Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō anime website updated with several new details. A trailer, as well as eight cast members and a première date were officially unveiled.
We break the details down below:
The 85-second promo features a look at the show in action, as an orchestral piece sets the overall tone.
The new cast members include:
- Saizō Ishi: Katsuhiro Tokuishi
- Shikibu Kōra: Fukushi Ochiai
- Shichigen Higurashi: Mitsuhiro Ichiki
- Gorone Negoro: Shinichiro Miki
- Hachisu: Saori Hayami
- Rui: Reina Ueda
- Utsutsu: Ayane Sakura
- Namenba: Kaori Nazuka
Visuals for each of the new characters were also unveiled, which you can check out below:
Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō hits Japanese TV on January 8, 2018.
Junji Nishimura (Ranma ½, Zenki) was tapped to direct Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō at Seven Arcs Pictures, with Takao Maki (Laughing Under the Clouds) providing character designs. Shinsuke Onishi (Night Raid 1931, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye) is in charge of series composition for the project.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Takao Maki
- Sub-Character Design: Kazuhisa Kosuge
- Prop Design: Goichi Iwahata
- Director of Photography: Tadashi Kitaoka
- Music: Go Sakabe
- Art Design: Kazusuke Yoshihara
- Art Director: Ritsuko Umizu
- Color Design: Fusako Nakao
- 3D: Tetra
- Special Effects: Naomasa Fukuda
- Editing: Kazuhiko Seki
- Sound Director: Chikako Yokota
- Sound Production: Glovision
- Music Production: King Records
Onmyo-Za and Nana Mizuki, who performed the opening and ending themes for the first Basilisk anime, will return to perform the theme songs for the new series. Onmyo-Za will handle the opening, while Mizuki performs the ending theme.
The previously confirmed voice cast includes:
- Hachiro Kouga: Tasuku Hatanaka
- Hibiki Iga: Inori Minase
- Kazuma Kusanagi: Takuya Kirimoto
- Kasou Himonji: Ryu Yamaguchi
- Geiin Shichito: Cho
- Tenshin Yusa: Shohei Fuji
- Kareha Shogyou: Kosuke Sakaki
- Houetsu Tsuta: Chafurin
- Itsuma Irootoe: Yuji Mirai
- Shugetsu Suiren: Toru Sakurai
The series is based on Futaroh Yamada’s Ōka Ninpōchō Basilisk Shinshō (Ōka Ninja Scrolls Basilisk New Chapter) novel, which is a direct sequel to the original Kōga Ninpōchō (Kouga Ninja Scrolls). The book is set ten years after the events of the original Kouga Ninja Scrolls, in the year 1626.
Ōka Ninpōchō Basilisk Shinshō received a manga adaptation by Robotics;Notes author Tatsuya Shihara, which launched on July 24 in Kodansha’s Young Magazine.
Source: MoCa News