I’m still hoping that we get some “this show bites” marketing at some point. It’s just too delicious to resist.
On Friday, the Killing Bites manga’s official Twitter account revealed that Amazon acquired the global streaming rights to the Killing Bites anime. Amazon will stream the show’s “director’s cut” on their Prime Video service.
Specific details on the version have yet to be announced, aside from the fact that this cut is different from the version will air on Japanese TV.
Killing Bites will air on TBS and MBS on January 12, at 26:25 (1/13/2018 at 2:25AM), in the Animeism block. Satellite network BS-TBS will carry the show a day later on January 13 at 24:30 (1/14/2017 at 12:30AM).
The show’s cast will appear in a special program on January 5, and an advanced screening event is planned for December 29.
Killing Bites is based on Shinya Murata and illustrator Kazasa Sumita’s manga of the same name. Yasuto Nishikata was tapped to direct the series at Liden Films, with Kazuo Watanabe (The Heroic Legend of Arslan) providing character designs. Aoi Akashiro (Classroom of the Elite, Fuuka) is in charge of series composition for the show.
fripSide will perform opening theme song Killing Bites, while Kitsunetsuki handles closing theme Kedamono Damono.
Additional staff members include:
- Music: Yasuharu Takanashi
- Art Director: Norihiko Yokomatsu
- Art Setting: Yūji Ikeda
- Backgrounds: Studio Wyeth
- Color Design: Aiko Shinohara
- CG Director: Taisuke Goto
- Modeling Supervisor: Chung Nam Kim
- 3D CGI: Shiitake Digital
- 2D Design, Monitor Graphics: Natsuko Satou
- Director of Photography: Yukihiro Masumoto
- Photography: Graphinica
- Editing: Mai Hasegawa
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Effects: Yasumasa Koyama
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
The series will star the following:
- Hitomi Uzaki (Honey Badger): Sora Amamiya
- Eruza Nakanishi (Cheetah): Maaya Uchida
- Ui Inaba (Rabbit): Sumire Uesaka
- Yūya Nomoto: Wataru Hatano
- Mai Shinozaki: Chinatsu Akasaki
- Yōko Mikado: Megumi Han
- Kaori Rikujō: Yuu Asakawa
- Kaede Kazama: Takako Honda
- Yōzan Mikado: Hidekatsu Shibata
- Reiichi Shidō: Rikiya Koyama
- Ichinosuke Okajima: Toru Ohkawa
- Taiga Nakanishi (Tiger): Yūichi Nakamura
- Oshie Nodoguro: Sayaka Harada
- Takeshi Kido: Ryōkan Koyanagi
- Shōta Yabe: Yūsuke Kobayashi
- Jerome Hongō: Taketora
- Den Ōnuma: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Ryūji Shiina: Katsuyuki Konishi
- Yūgo Tani: Yuuki Ono
- Seira Son: Yoshino Nanjō
- Narrator: Junichi Suwabe
The above cast members are reprising their roles from a series of drama CDs that hit stores in 2015.
The ongoing Killing Bites manga made its début in Shogakukan’s Monthly Hero’s in November 2013. The third compiled book shipped to retailers on October 5.