You know what? I’d say this license deserves a toast.
Earlier today, Sentai Filmworks announced that they picked up the rights to Takunomi (Drinking at Home). The company plans to simulcast the series exclusively on HIDIVE starting in January 2018.
Takunomi episodes will run for 15 minutes. They will share a block with upcoming comedy Dagashi Kashi 2.
The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- TBS: 1/11/2018 at 14:43 (1/12/2018 at 2:43AM)
- Sun TV: 1/12/2018 at 23:45 (1/12/2018 at 11:45PM)
- BS-TBS: 1/13/2018 at 25:45 (1/14/2017 at 1:45AM)
Tomoki Kobayashi (Akame ga KILL!, Seiren) is directing the project at Production IMS, with Shinpei Kobayashi (Castle Town Dandelion) providing character designs. Katsuhiko Takayama (Aldnoah.Zero, Sagrada Reset) is in charge of series composition on the title.
Other confirmed staff includes:
- Sound Director: Takatoshi Hamano
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
- Music: Masato Suzuki (MoNSTER SONIC!)
- Music Production: Pony Canyon
Maaya Uchida will perform opening theme song aventure bleu.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Michiru Amatsuki: Ayaka Imamura
- Nao Kiriyama: Chika Anzai
- Kae Midorikawa: Mikako Komatsu
- Makoto Kiriyama: Maaya Uchida
Haruto Hino’s Takunomi manga made its début on Shogakukan’s MangaONE app in August 2015. To date, four compiled volumes have been released, with the latest shipping to retailers on August 10.
Sentai Filmworks describes Takunomi as:
‘Takunomi‘ follows the story of Michiru Amatsuki, a 20-year-old woman who just moved to Tokyo to change jobs. She lives in apartment 101 of Stella House Haruno, an all-female boarding house. There, she meets other women of different ages, jobs, and personalities. They all have something in common though: their love for good food and drinks.
Source: Sentai Filmworks (Press Release)