The scrolls shall open once more in just over a week.
Earlier today, the official Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls anime website updated with a new teaser trailer. The two-and-a-half minute promo features closing theme song Hot Blood by Nana Mizuki as a background track.
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls premieres on January 8, 2018. Crunchyroll will stream the show as a simulcast, while Funimation is slated to produce a SimulDub.
Junji Nishimura (Ranma ½, Zenki) was tapped to direct Basilisk: Ōka Ninpōchō at Seven Arcs Pictures, with Takao Maki (Laughing Under the Clouds) providing character designs. Shinsuke Onishi (Night Raid 1931, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye) is in charge of series composition for the project.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Takao Maki
- Sub-Character Design: Kazuhisa Kosuge
- Prop Design: Goichi Iwahata
- Director of Photography: Tadashi Kitaoka
- Music: Go Sakabe
- Art Design: Kazusuke Yoshihara
- Art Director: Ritsuko Umizu
- Color Design: Fusako Nakao
- 3D: Tetra
- Special Effects: Naomasa Fukuda
- Editing: Kazuhiko Seki
- Sound Director: Chikako Yokota
- Sound Production: Glovision
- Music Production: King Records
Onmyo-Za and Nana Mizuki, who performed the opening and ending themes for the first Basilisk anime, will return to perform the theme songs for the new series. Onmyo-Za will handle the opening, while Mizuki performs the ending theme.
The previously confirmed voice cast includes:
- Hachiro Kouga: Tasuku Hatanaka
- Hibiki Iga: Inori Minase
- Kazuma Kusanagi: Takuya Kirimoto
- Kasou Himonji: Ryu Yamaguchi
- Geiin Shichito: Cho
- Tenshin Yusa: Shohei Fuji
- Kareha Shogyou: Kosuke Sakaki
- Houetsu Tsuta: Chafurin
- Itsuma Irootoe: Yuji Mirai
- Shugetsu Suiren: Toru Sakurai
- Saizō Ishi: Katsuhiro Tokuishi
- Shikibu Kōra: Fukushi Ochiai
- Shichigen Higurashi: Mitsuhiro Ichiki
- Gorone Negoro: Shinichiro Miki
- Hachisu: Saori Hayami
- Rui: Reina Ueda
- Utsutsu: Ayane Sakura
- Namenba: Kaori Nazuka
The series is based on Futaroh Yamada’s Ōka Ninpōchō Basilisk Shinshō (Ōka Ninja Scrolls Basilisk New Chapter) novel, which is a direct sequel to the original Kōga Ninpōchō (Kouga Ninja Scrolls). The book is set ten years after the events of the original Kouga Ninja Scrolls, in the year 1626.
Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls received a manga adaptation by Robotics;Notes author Tatsuya Shihara, which launched on July 24 in Kodansha’s Young Magazine.
Crunchyroll describes the title as:
However, it is said that by the hand of Hattori Hanzo’s adopted son, Kyouhachirou, these two flower petals, whether temporarily or permanently, were given life again and left two mementos behind. These children, born with a destiny of their own, were called Kouga Hachirou and Iga Hibiki. The former had eyes like his father’s, and the latter had eyes like her mother’s.
It is now the Kan’ei era, and the land is at peace. As ninjas begin to disappear into the shadows after being deemed unnecessary, The Kouga and Iga clans ask a favor of Hachirou and Hibiki in hopes of reinforcing their foundations.
Source: Twitter (basiliskouka)