In just a couple of weeks, Mary and The Witch’s Flower will make its grand début in theaters across the United States. The movie, which was directed by Oscar-nominated Hiromasa Yonebayashi at Studio Ponoc, already opened in Japan to critical acclaim.
On January 18, the feature will launch in America with a grand première event that spans over 500 theaters.
GKIDS, who are bringing the picture to North America, describe story as:
From Academy Award®-nominated Hiromasa Yonebayashi – animator on masterpieces Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, and Ponyo, and director of When Marnie Was There and The Secret World of Arrietty – comes a dazzling new adventure about a young girl named Mary, who discovers a flower that grants magical powers, but only for one night. See the special premiere of Mary and The Witch’s Flower in theaters nationwide on January 18!
Anime Herald is proud to work with GKIDS as a partner in spreading the word about this magnificent movie. Moreover, the folks at GKIDS have prepared a special prize pack for one lucky winner, which includes a pair of tickets to the premiere, as well as a gaggle of official Mary and the Witch’s Flower goodies.
Enter by January 10 for a chance to win!
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Participants must be residents of the United States.
- The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Anime Herald, GKIDS, or Eleven Arts Media.
- The contest ends on January 10, 2018
- Winners will be able to select their preferred theater. A representative from our partners will reach out to confirm theater choices after the contest ends.