It looks like Aiko will introduce herself to the world a bit sooner than we expected!
Earlier today, the official A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- anime website updated with several new details. The show’s main cast and crew, as well as a trailer, a visual, and the premiere date were unveiled on the site.
We break the details down below:
The 90-second promo offers a brief look at the show in action, with character dialogue covering the show’s major story beats.
The new visual features Aiko and Yuya standing in the foreground. behind them, the major cast members, as well as an inhuman beast can be seen set against a somber grey sky.
Kazuya Murata (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) will direct the project at studio Bones, with Satoshi Ishino (Date A Live, Excel Saga) providing character designs. Yuuichi Nomura (Comet Lucifer) is in charge of series composition for the show.
Other confirmed team members include:
- Original Character Designs: Hanaharu Naruko
- Chief Animation Director: Satoshi Ishino
- CGI Director: Kōki Ōta
- Director of Photography: Hikaru Fukuda
- Color Key Artist: Reiko Iwasawa
- Concept Design: Tomoaki Okada
- Mechanical Design : Takeshi Takakura
- Matter Design: Kazuhiro Miwa
- Art Director: Junichi Higashi
- Editor: Kumiko Sakamoto
- Music: Taro Iwashiro
- Music Production: Lantis
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Effects: Tomoji Furuya
- Sound Production: UTAMARO Movement
Hikaru Fukuda is the director of photography. Kumiko Sakamoto is editing, and Taro Iwashiro (Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, The Heroic Legend of Arslan) is composing the music at Lantis. UTAMARO Movement is producing the sound, and Jin Aketagawa is directing the sound with sound effects by Tomoji Furuya.
The series will star the following:
- Aiko Tachibana: Haruka Shiraishi
- Yuya Kanzaki: Yūsuke Kobayashi
- Daisuke Shinoyama: Ryota Takeuchi
- Maho Shiraishi: Ai Kayano
- Yoshihiko Sagami: Makoto Furukawa
- Kazuki Minase: Taishi Murata
- Haruka Seri: Kaori Nazuka
- Kaede Misawa: M.A.O
- Susumu Kurose: Toru Ohkawa
- Kyōsuke Isazu: Takehito Koyasu
- Akiko Nanbara: Atsuko Tanaka
Visuals for each of the characters were also released, which you can check out below:
A.I.C.O. -Incarnation- will stream on Netflix worldwide starting March 9. The series will be offered as a Netflix Original project.
Netflix describes the series as:
In Japan in the year 2035, an accident known as the “Burst” occurs during a research project, spawning an out-of-control artificial life form called “Matter” that has spread throughout the Kurobe Gorge. The research city that was once hailed as the hope for humanity is cordoned off by the government. Two years later, 15-year-old Aiko Tachibana, who lost her family in the Burst, learns something unbelievable from Yuya Kanzaki, a new student at her school. A secret is hidden within her body, and the answer to the puzzle lies at the “Primary Point” that was the center of the Burst. Aiko resolves to infiltrate the restricted area, escorted by a team of divers and with Yuya as her guide. When boy meets girl with the fate of humanity in their hands, what new truth will come to light? The series comprised of 12 episodes is produced by Bones, whose notable works include “Psalms of Planets EUREKA SEVEN” and “My Hero Academia.” The series will debut globally on Netflix in Spring 2018.