It’s time to head back to work with this anime series!
Earlier today, David Production announced that Akane Shimizu’s Cells At Work! (Hataraku Saibou) will receive an anime TV series. An official website and Twitter account were launched for the project, which contain the main staffers, plus a key visual, teaser trailer, and premiere window.
In addition, Aniplex of America announced that they licensed the series shortly after the site went live. They opened an English-language site for the project, which includes an English staff listing and concept.
We break the details down below:
The minute-long promo gives a brief glimpse of the show in action, as a narrator explains the general plot elements.
The image features an overhead shot of the business complex that is the body, which has black and crimson-clad workers and moving about the floor.
Aniplex of America unveiled an English logo, which you can check out below.
Kenichi Suzuki (Drifters, Gundam Evolve) is directing the project at David Production, with Takahiko Yoshida (Welcome to the NHK, Yowamushi Pedal) providing character designs. Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2, Tsukigakirei) is in charge of series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Screenplay: Yuuko Kakihara
- Screenplay: Kenichi Suzuki
- Sub-Character Design: Kenta Mimuro
- Sub-Character Design : Keiko Tamaki
- Prop Design: Kenta Mimuro
- Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
- Chief Animation Director: Takahiko Yoshida
- Chief Animation Director: Keiko Tamaki
- Background Art: Atelier Platz
- Art Set: Ichiro Uno
- Art Set: Hashiguchi Koji
- Color Design: Aiko Mizuno
- Director of Photography: Yuki Oshima
- 3D CGI Director: Yutaka Nakajima
- Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose (editz)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
- Music: MAYUKO
- Producer: Yuma Takahashi
- Animation Producer: Go Wakamatsu
- Animation Production: David Production
- Production: Aniplex
- Production: Kodansha
- Production: David Production
Cells At Work! will hit Japanese TV in July.
Aniplex of America describes the series as:
This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body…
According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells.
These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body.
From the oxygen carrying Red Blood Cells to the bacteria fighting White Blood Cells,
Get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you!
From the popular manga “Cells at Work!” comes a brand new anthropomorphized anime TV series!
It’s the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells!
Akane Shimizu’s Cells at Work! manga launched in the pages of Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius in March 2015. The series currently spans five compiled volumes, with the most recent book hitting retailers on August 9, 2017. Kodansha Comics currently holds the rights to the title in North America. They released the fifth volume on November 21, 2017.