Katrielle is getting ready to open the Layton Mystery Detective Agency in a big way!
Earlier today, the official Layton Mystery Tanteisha Katori no Nazotoki File (Laytons Mystery Detective Agency: Kat’s Mystery-Solving Files) anime website updated with several new cast and crew members, as well as a key visual.
We break the details down below:
The image features Katrielle and her companions gathered in the Detective Agency’s office. Kat is pointing out toward the camera as she strikes a pose.
Susumu Mitsunaka (Haikyu!!, Cuticle Detective Inaba) will direct the project at Liden Films, with Yoko Takada providing character designs. Akihiro Hino (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE) is in charge of series composition. Hino is also credited as the original creator and creative director for the series.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Music: Tomohito Nishiura
- Original Character Design: Takuzō Nagano
- Art Director: Takamasa Nakakuki
- Sound Director: Ryō Tanaka
- Director of Photography: Ayumi Okano
- Assistant Director: migmi
- Color design: Takahiro Mogi
- Creative Director: Akihiro Hino
- Prop Design: Takayuki Onoda
- Sound Effects: Yuusuke Inada
The series will star the following:
- Katrielle “Kat” Layton: Kana Hanazawa
- Sherl: Juurouta Kosugi
- Noah Montor: Kyousuke Ikeda
- Darjeeling Aspoiro: Youhei Tadano
- Simon Wright (Episode 1): Tsubasa Imai
Hanazawa is reprising her role as Kat from the previously-released video game. All other roles have been recast. Tsubasa Imai is a singer and actor, who is making her anime debut in a guest role.
Layton Mystery Tanteisha Katori no Nazotoki File is based on 2017 game Layton’s Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy. The series will focus on Katrielle “Kat” Layton, daughter of the famed Hershel Layton. Much like her father, Kat solves mysteries throughout London with the aid of her talking dog Sherl.