Hiro, get in the robot.
Earlier today, Funimation unveiled their English dub cast for Darling in the Franxx. The series will star the following:
- Code 016 – “Hiro”: Matt Shipman
- Code 002 – “Zero Two”: Tia Ballard
- Code 015 – “Ichigo”: Brittany Lauda
- Code 056 – “Goro”: Austin Tindle
- Code 039 – “Miku”: Bryn Apprill
- Code 666 – “Zorome”: Ryan Reynolds
- Code 556 – “Kokoro”: Jeannie Tirado
- Code 214 – “Futoshi”: Blake Shepard
- Code 196 – “Ikuno”: Leah Clark
- Code 326 – “Mitsuru”: Bryson Baugus
- Nana: Michelle Rojas
- Hachi: Eric Vale
- Dr. Franxx: Kent Williams
- Papa: Christopher R. Sabat
- Code 703 – “Naomi”: Megan Shipman
- Code 081: Jeff Johnson
Clifford Chapin is directing the adaptation, which features scripts by Joel Bergen and Alex Muniz. William Dewell will serve as ADR Engineer, while Gino Palencia works as Mixing Engineer.
The first episode went live on FunimationNow earlier today, Funimation started streaming a preview clip on their Twitter page, which you can check out below.
— Funimation (@FUNimation) February 1, 2018
Darling in the Franxx is a co-production between Trigger and A-1 Pictures. Atsushi Nishigori (THE [email protected]) is directing the project, with Masayoshi Tanaka (anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, High School of the Dead) providing character designs. The team of Atsushi Nishigori and Naotaka Hayashi are collaborating on series composition.
Funimation describes the title as:
In a desolate future, children are kept away from the outside world, away from the open sky. Locked away in Mistilteinn, aka the ‘birdcage’, they live only to pilot giant mechs known as FranXX. Hiro was once a prodigy but after falling behind, he’s become unnecessary. After all, not piloting a FranXX is the same as not existing. But everything changes when he meets Zero Two, the girl with horns.
Source: Twitter (Funimation)