It looks like this legend is bringing a stirring soundtrack with it.
On January 31, the official website for Production I.G.’s The Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime updated with a new staff member, as well as details on the series’s theme songs.
We break the details down below.
Shin Hashimoto will score the show’s soundtrack. In addition to the staff reveal, the site uploaded an MP3 of the title’s main musical theme.
Hiroyuki Sawano’s SawanoHiroyuki[nZk] project will provide Legend of the Galactic Heroes‘ first season’s opening theme song. Sawano will compose the piece, titled Binary Star, while Uru performs the vocals.
Elisa will provide the season’s closing theme song, titled Wish.
Production I.G.’s Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime is slated to run as two 12-episode seasons. The first season, titled Die Neue These Kaikō (The New Thesis: Star-Crossed), will premiere in April.
The second season, subtitled Die Neue These Seiran (The New Thesis: Stellar War), will initially be presented as three theatrical films. Each feature will cover four episodes, with all three movies slated to hit theaters in 2019.
Shunsuke Tada (Kuroko’s Basketball, Starmyu) is directing the project at Production I.G., with the team of Yoko Kikuchi (El Cazador de la Bruja, Junjō Romantica), Iwao Teraoka (Japan Animator Expo), and Katsura Tsushima providing character designs. Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Kuroko’s Basketball) is in charge of series composition.
Other crew members include:
- Original Concept: Yoshiki Tanaka
- Chief Animation Director: Takayuki Goto
- Special Effects Director: Atsushi Takeuchi
- Mechanical Design: Atsushi Takeuchi
- Mechanical Design: Shinji Usui
- Mechanical Design: Shimon Ashikaga
- Original Mechanical Design: Naoyuki Kato
- Supervision: Wright Staff
- Planning Cooperation: Kitty Entertainment
- Production Cooperation: Tokuma Shoten
- Production Cooperation: DMM pictures
The confirmed voice cast for the title includes:
- Reinhard von Lohengramm:Mamoru Miyano
- Yang Wenli:Yuichiro Umehara
- Siegfried Kircheis:Kenichi Suzumura
- Narrator:Yoshimitsu Shimoyama
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a long-running anime series, based on Yoshiki Tanaka’s influential series of sci-fi novels. It was a passion project by late director Noboru Ishiguro (Macross, Megazone 23), and his Artland anime studio. Ishiguro spent over a decade adapting the works as OVAs and theatrical films. Over 100 installments were made between 1988 and 2000.
Sadly, he passed away in 2012, due to a lung infection.
Source: Animate Times