It’s a tale about an SDF member and a dragon… and that’s pretty rad.
Earlier today, the official Hisone to Masotan (Hisone & Maso-tan) anime website updated with a new teaser video and premiere window. The show’s official Twitter account also released a few production sketches for the project. We break the details down below:
The four-minute teaser is an interview with original character designer Toshinao Aoki and supervisor Shinji Higuchi. The promo focuses on several topics, including:
- The challenges of making an original anime project (as opposed to an adaptation)
- Aoki’s original designs for the characters
- Hisone and Masotan, themselves
- The general highlights to look forward to in the show
Two production sketches were revealed. One of Hisone in a variety of outfits and expressions, the other of Hisone and Masotan together.
Hisone to Masotan will hit Japanese TV in April.
The project is an original work from Bones and Warner Brothers, which is being directed by Hiroshi Kobayashi (Kiznaiver, Kimi no Iru Machi). Yoshiyuki Ito (Concrete Revolutio, Fullmetal Alchemist) is in charge of character designs for the project, while Mari Okada (Black Butler, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) tackles series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Supervisor: Hiroshi Kobayashi
- Original Character Design: Toshinao Aoki
- Mechanical Design: Shoji Kawamori
- Monster Concept Design: Shigeto Koyama
- Concept Design: Okama
- Art Director: Yūji Kaneko
- Art Design: Akihiro Hirasawa
- Color Design: Yuko Kobari
- Director of Photography: Kota Sasaki
- 3D CGI Director: Yōta Andō
- Sound Director: Haru Yamada
- Sound Effects: Toru Noguchi
- Music: Taisei Iwasaki
- Military Supervisor: Keigo Koyanagi
- Editor: Hiroshi Okuda