Soon, these literary legends will throw down in a truly grand manner.
Earlier today, the official Bungo Stray Dogs anime website updated with a new trailer for upcoming movie Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple. The 90-second promo focuses mainly on the movie’s action scenes.
Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple hits Japanese theaters on March 3.
Takuya Igarashi (Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club) will return to the director’s chair at Bones for the project, with Nobuhiro Arai (Chaika – The Coffin Princess, Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar) reprising their roles of character designer and chief animation director. Yoji Enokido (Ouran High School Host Club, Sailor Moon SuperS), who handled series composition for the original TV series, will co-write the feature with original creator Kafka Asagiri.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Music: Taku Iwasaki
- Art Director: Yumiko Kondou
- Mechanical design: Fumihiro Katagai
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
- Director of Photography: Tsuyoshi Kanbayashi
- Assistant Art Director: Hiroko Tanabe (Kusanagi)
- Color Key: Yukari Goto
- Editing: Shigeru Nishiyama
GRANRODEO will return to perform the film’s opening theme song, while Luck Life will once again handle the closing theme.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Ryūnosuke Akutagawa: Kensho Ono
- Chūya Nakahara: Kishō Taniyama
- Osamu Dazai: Mamoru Miyano
- Atsushi Nakajima: Yūto Uemura
- Fyodor D.: Akira Ishida
- Naomi Tanizaki: Chiaki Omigawa
- Ranpo Edogawa: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Kenji Miyazawa: Hiroyuki Kagura
- Ango Sakaguchi: Jun Fukuyama
- Sakunosuke Oda: Junichi Suwabe
- Tatsuhiko Shibusawa: Kazuya Nakai
- Ougai Mori: Mitsuru Miyamoto
- Yukichi Fukuzawa; Rikiya Koyama
- Elise: Sora Amamiya
- Kyōka Izumi: Sumire Morohoshi
- Junichirō Tanizaki: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Doppo Kunikida: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Akiko Yosano: Yu Shimamura
The Bungo Stray Dogs TV series hit Japanese TV in the Spring 2016 broadcast season. Funimation plans to release the title on home video on March 6. The series will ship to retailers in both standard and limited editions. The limited edition will include an art book and a set of author bookmarks.
Crunchyroll streamed Bungo Stray Dogs as a simulcast. They describe the show as:
Kicked out of his orphanage and on the verge of starving to death, Nakajima Atsushi meets some strange men. One of them, Dazai Osamu, is a suicidal man attempting to drown himself in broad daylight. The other, bespectacled Kunikida Doppo, nervously stands by flipping through a notepad. Both are members of the “Armed Detective Agency” said to solve incidents that even the military and police won’t touch. Atsushi ends up accompanying them on a mission to eliminate a man-eating tiger that’s been terrorizing the population…
Source: MoCa News