It’s time to get a good look at two new residents of this world.
Earlier today, the official Golden Kamuy anime website updated with a pair of character designs. Images for Toshizō Hijikata and Tatsuma Ushiyama were unveiled, which you can check out below.
Golden Kamuy will hit Japanese TV this April. Tokyo MX, Yomiuri TV, Sapporo TV, and BS11 will air the show, while Fuji TV on Demand will provide digital streams.
The show is based on Satoru Noda’s manga of the same name. Hitoshi Nanba (Fate/Grand Order: First Order, Gosick) was tapped to direct the show at Geno Studio, with Kenichi Ohnuki (Gundam Build Fighters, Samurai Gun) providing character designs. Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Durarara!!) is in charge of series composition for the project.
Man With a Mission will perform the title’s opening theme, while The Sixth Lie tackles the ending theme.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Assistant Director: Takahiro Kawakoshi
- Main Animator: Junichi Hayama
- Firearms Designer: Koji Watanabe
- Prop Designer: Shinya Asanuma
- Animal Designer: Ryō Sumiyoshi
- Art Director: Atsushi Morikawa
- Color Designer: Takahiro Mogi
- Director of Photography: Yuichiro Tozawa
- CG Director: Yuuko Okumura
- CG Director: Yasutaka Hamada
- Editor: Gō Sadamatsu
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Magic Capsule)
- Ainu Language Supervisor: Hiroshi Nakagawa
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
The series will star the following:
- Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto: Chikahiro Kobayashi
- Asirpa: Haruka Shiraishi
- “Escape King” Yoshitake Shiraishi: Kentarō Itō
- Hyakunosuke Ogata: Kenjiro Tsuda
- First Lieutenant Tsurumi: Houchu Ohtsuka
- Genjirō Tanigaki: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Toshizō Hijikata: Jouji Nakata
- Shinpachi Nagakura: Takayuki Sugou
- Tatsuma Ushiyama: Kenji Nomura
Viz Media currently holds the rights to the Golden Kamuy manga, which they describe as:
In the early twentieth century, Russo-Japanese War veteran Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto scratches out a meager existence during the postwar gold rush in the wilderness of Hokkaido. When he stumbles across a map to a fortune in hidden Ainu gold, he sets off on a treacherous quest to find it. But Sugimoto is not the only interested party, and everyone who knows about the gold will kill to possess it! Faced with the harsh conditions of the northern wilderness, ruthless criminals and rogue Japanese soldiers, Sugimoto will need all his skills and luck—and the help of an Ainu girl named Asirpa—to survive.