These mechanical arms are starting to really flex their stuff!
Earlier today, the official Mecha-Ude YouTube channel updated with a new teaser trailer. The official Campfire campaign for the title also recently updated with a pair of cast reveals.
We break the details down below:
The 75-second promo cuts between various scenes, from the daily life of the major characters to action sequences. NARASAKI’s background music plays as a backround track.
The series will add the following:
- Tohdoh (with Alacran): Amatsuki
- Yoh Shirono: Eve
Visuals for both characters were also revealed, which you can check out below.
The Mecha-Ude project is currently targeting a June 2018 launch, following a delay from December 2017. The project is currently undergoing a secondary crowdfunding campaign on Campfire.
The Campfire campaign is being used to raise funds to hire additional staffers and increase overall production quality. As of press time, the project stands at 2,452,200 yen ($22,942.41 USD) of its two-million yen ($18,711.70 USD) goal.
Sae Okamoto will make her directorial début with the project, which is being produced by Trif Studio. Previously, she provided background art for Sushi Police. In addition, Okamoto’s worked as an animator on several projects, including Tenkai Knights and Danchi Tomoo.
CyberConnect2 President and CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama is attached to the title as a General Supervisor. Matsuyama will be in charge of planning and direction supervision, in addition to supervising the scripts and setting for the project.
Musician Eve will perform opening theme song Ambivalent. AZLiGHTZ will perform ending theme song Alone.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Compositor: Tatsushi Momen (Sushi Police, Director)
- Music: Narasaki (Deadman Wonderland, Paradise Kiss)
- Sound Engineer: Seiji Toda / S.O.L.I.D Sound Lab (Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Code Geass, Gundam Build Fighters)
- Sound Director: Takeshi Takadera
- Supervision (Planning, Script, Setting, Direction Supervision): Hiroto Niizato
- Script Cooperation: Yasuhiro Nakanishi
- Art Director, Mecha-ude Design: Nurikabe
- Animation Team: Chiaki Kanno, Mitsunori Murata
- CGI and Composite Director: Shōta Kawamura
- Production Manager: Kenji Satō
- Sound Production: HALF H·P STUDIO
- Planning: Shūichi Asō
The series will star the following:
- Hikaru Amatsuga: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Arme (Hikaru’s Mecha-ude): Tomokazu Sugita
- Aki Murasame: Yu Shimamura
- Jun Kagami: Romi Park
The roles for Sinis & Dex (Aki’s Mecha-udes), as well as villain Jun Kagami will be announced at a later date. Visuals for the main characters were also unveiled, which you can check out below:
Okamoto describes Mecha-Ude as:
Hero was a high schooler living an ordinary life.
One day, he meets a very strong and intelligent mechanical arm named “Mecha-ude”. After a strange turn of events, the “Mecha-ude” started living inside Hero’s hoodie and the two’s life full of trouble begins.
As the boy and his “Mecha-ude” fights together and strengthen their bonds, the two also meets new friends who also fights along with each of their own unique “Mecha-ude” partners.
Out of those, one of the heroine has two “Mecha-ude” which appears out of her skirt. An active girl with a totally opposite characteristics from hero himself, he gradually becomes attracted to her.
But the two are confronted with other “Mecha-ude” users who are in search of the secret of “Mecha-ude” relentlessly.
The campaign reached its funding goal on October 15, 2017, and went on to raise $67,918 across 999 backers.