This is it, folks. Millions of votes have been cast, and the winners have been chosen.
Earlier today, Crunchyroll hosted their second annual Anime Awards ceremony at Hollywood’s Montalban Theatre. The event, which was hosted by Anthony Carboni and Erika Ishii, saw seventeen categories up for contention.
This year’s Anime of the Year award went to Made in Abyss, Kinema Citrus’ Winter 2017 series. The full list of winners is as follows:
- Best Opening: Peace Sign – Kenshi Yonezu (My Hero Academia Season 2)
- Best Ending: Ishukan Communication by Choronzu (Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid)
- Best Film: Your Name.
- Best Score: Made in Abyss
- Best Animation: My Hero Academia Season 2
- Best CGI: Land of the Lustrous
- Best Comedy: Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid
- Best Slice-of-Life: Girls’ Last Tour
- Best Continuing Series: March Comes in Like A Lion
- Best Boy: Shoto Todoroki (My Hero Academia Season 2)
- Best Girl: Ochaco Uraraka (My Hero Academia Season 2)
- Best Villain: Stain (My Hero Academia Season 2)
- Best Hero: Izuku “Deku” Midoriya (My Hero Academia Season 2)
- Best Drama: The Ancient Magus’ Bride
- Best Action: My Hero Academia Season 2
- Best Manga: My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness
- Anime of the Year: Made in Abyss
Christopher Sabat took home this year’s Industry Icon award.
Congrats for winning the Industry Icon Award @VoiceOfVegeta! You deserve it man! #AnimeAwards pic.twitter.com/aplleBB5F9
— Calluna (@CallunaReviews) February 25, 2018
Crunchyroll uploaded a video highlighting the winners, which you can check out below:
Check out this compilation of all of our winners from this year’s #AnimeAwards ~ SEE YA NEXT YEAR!!! pic.twitter.com/qj4xmWQ5Qm
— Crunchyroll @ #AnimeAwards✨ (@Crunchyroll) February 25, 2018
This year’s nominees were chosen by a panel of judges from various publications, which include Anime News Network’s Zac Bertschy, IGN’s Miranda Sanchez, and Sumikai’s Michael Ziegler. Much like last year’s awards, honors will be given for fan votes, as well as titles selected by a panel of judges.