It’s time that we welcomed Ms. Hill to the crew.
Earlier today, the official website for Production I.G.’s The Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime updated with a new cast member. Aya Endo will play Frederica Green Hill.
A visual for the character was also revealed, which you can check out below.
The series is slated to air on April 3, with the full broadcast schedule as follows:
- Family Gekijo: 4/3/2018 at 21:00 (4/3/2018 at 9:00PM)
- Tokyo MX: 4/5/2018 at 22:30 (4/5/2018 at 10:30PM)
- MBS: 4/7/2018 at 26:38 (4/8/2018 at 2:38AM)
- BS11: 4/7/2018 at 25:30 (4/8/2018 at 1:30AM)
Production I.G.’s Legend of the Galactic Heroes anime is slated to run as two 12-episode seasons. The first season will be titled Die Neue These Kaikō (The New Thesis: Star-Crossed).
The second season, subtitled Die Neue These Seiran (The New Thesis: Stellar War), will initially be presented as three theatrical films. Each feature will cover four episodes, with all three movies slated to hit theaters in 2019.
Shunsuke Tada (Kuroko’s Basketball, Starmyu) is directing the project at Production I.G., with the team of Yoko Kikuchi (El Cazador de la Bruja, Junjō Romantica), Iwao Teraoka (Japan Animator Expo), and Katsura Tsushima providing character designs. Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Kuroko’s Basketball) is in charge of series composition.
Other crew members include:
- Original Concept: Yoshiki Tanaka
- Chief Animation Director: Takayuki Goto
- Special Effects Director: Atsushi Takeuchi
- Mechanical Design: Atsushi Takeuchi
- Mechanical Design: Shinji Usui
- Mechanical Design: Shimon Ashikaga
- Original Mechanical Design: Naoyuki Kato
- Supervision: Wright Staff
- Planning Cooperation: Kitty Entertainment
- Production Cooperation: Tokuma Shoten
- Production Cooperation: DMM pictures
The confirmed voice cast for the title includes:
- Reinhard von Lohengramm:Mamoru Miyano
- Yang Wenli:Yuichiro Umehara
- Siegfried Kircheis:Kenichi Suzumura
- Narrator:Yoshimitsu Shimoyama
- Willibard Joachim von Merkatz: Unshō Ishizuka
- Staden: Kiyomitsu Mizuuchi
- Fogel: Takahiro Fujiwara
- Erlache: Naomi Kusumi
- Adalbert von Fahrenheit: Ryota Takeuchi
- Paul von Oberstein: Junichi Suwabe
- Wolfgang Mittermeyer: Daisuke Ono
- Oskar von Reuenthal: Yūichi Nakamura
Free Planets Alliance
- Paetta: Shinya Fukumatsu
- Pastolle: Kosuke Meguro
- Moore: Tooru Sakurai
- Lao: Tasuku Hatanaka
- Jean Robert Lapp: Yuuki Ono
- Julian Mintz: Yuuki Kaji
- Alex Cazelnes: Tokuyoshi Kawashima
- Walter von Schönkopf: Shinichiro Miki
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a long-running anime series, based on Yoshiki Tanaka’s influential series of sci-fi novels. It was a passion project by late director Noboru Ishiguro (Macross, Megazone 23), and his Artland anime studio. Ishiguro spent over a decade adapting the works as OVAs and theatrical films. Over 100 installments were made between 1988 and 2000.
Sadly, he passed away in 2012, due to a lung infection.
Source: Comic Natalie