These masters of the literary world are bringing their best to the big screen!
Earlier today, Crunchyroll announced that they will give Bungo Stray Dogs – DEAD APPLE – a theatrical run as part of their “Crunchyroll Movie Night” initiative. The film will hit theaters across the United States and Canada on May 2, 5, and 6.
In addition to the film, the show will include a message from voice actors Yūto Uemura (Atsushi Nakajima), Kensho Ono (Ryuunosuke Akutagawa), and Kishō Taniyama).
Tickets are on sale via the Crunchyroll Movie Night website. Crunchyroll started streaming a trailer for the feature, which you can check out below.
Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple hit Japanese theaters on March 3.
Takuya Igarashi (Soul Eater, Ouran High School Host Club) returned to the director’s chair at Bones for the project, with Nobuhiro Arai (Chaika – The Coffin Princess, Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar) reprising their roles of character designer and chief animation director. Yoji Enokido (Ouran High School Host Club, Sailor Moon SuperS), who handled series composition for the original TV series, will co-wrote the feature with original creator Kafka Asagiri.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Music: Taku Iwasaki
- Art Director: Yumiko Kondou
- Mechanical design: Fumihiro Katagai
- Sound Director: Kazuhiro Wakabayashi
- Director of Photography: Tsuyoshi Kanbayashi
- Assistant Art Director: Hiroko Tanabe (Kusanagi)
- Color Key: Yukari Goto
- Editing: Shigeru Nishiyama
GRANRODEO returned to perform the film’s opening theme song, while Luck Life once again handled the closing theme.
The voice cast includes:
- Ryuunosuke Akutagawa: Kensho Ono
- Chūya Nakahara: Kishō Taniyama
- Osamu Dazai: Mamoru Miyano
- Atsushi Nakajima: Yūto Uemura
- Fyodor D.: Akira Ishida
- Naomi Tanizaki: Chiaki Omigawa
- Ranpo Edogawa: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Kenji Miyazawa: Hiroyuki Kagura
- Ango Sakaguchi: Jun Fukuyama
- Sakunosuke Oda: Junichi Suwabe
- Tatsuhiko Shibusawa: Kazuya Nakai
- Ougai Mori: Mitsuru Miyamoto
- Yukichi Fukuzawa; Rikiya Koyama
- Elise: Sora Amamiya
- Kyōka Izumi: Sumire Morohoshi
- Junichirō Tanizaki: Toshiyuki Toyonaga
- Doppo Kunikida: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Akiko Yosano: Yu Shimamura
The Bungo Stray Dogs TV series hit Japanese TV in the Spring 2016 broadcast season. Funimation plans to release the title on home video on March 6. The series will ship to retailers in both standard and limited editions. The limited edition will include an art book and a set of author bookmarks.
Crunchyroll streamed Bungo Stray Dogs as a simulcast. They describe the show as:
Kicked out of his orphanage and on the verge of starving to death, Nakajima Atsushi meets some strange men. One of them, Dazai Osamu, is a suicidal man attempting to drown himself in broad daylight. The other, bespectacled Kunikida Doppo, nervously stands by flipping through a notepad. Both are members of the “Armed Detective Agency” said to solve incidents that even the military and police won’t touch. Atsushi ends up accompanying them on a mission to eliminate a man-eating tiger that’s been terrorizing the population…