A man with a machine gun enters this period piece. (Not really.)
Earlier today, the official Golden Kamuy anime website updated with a new teaser trailer, and three cast reveals. We break the details down below.
The 90-second trailer introduces the major plot beats, using character dialogue to convey the story. Opening theme song Winding Road by Man with a Machine Gun is used as a background track.
The series will add the following:
- Tetsuzō Nihei: Akio Ohtsuka
- Yōhei Nikaidō: Tomokazu Sugita
- Kōhei Nikaidō: Tomokazu Sugita
- Kazuo Henmi: Toshihiko Seki
A visual for Tetsuzō Nihei was also revealed, which you can check out below.
Golden Kamuy will begin airing on April 9. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 4/9/2018 at 23：00 (4/9/2018 at 11:00PM)
- BS11: 4/9/2018 at 25:00 (4/10/2018 at 1:00AM)
- Sapporo TV Broadcasting: 4/9/2018 at 25:44 (4/10/2018 at 1:44AM)
- Yomiuri TV: 4/9/2018 at 25:59 (4/10/2018 at 1:59AM)
The show is based on Satoru Noda’s manga of the same name. Hitoshi Nanba (Fate/Grand Order: First Order, Gosick) was tapped to direct the show at Geno Studio, with Kenichi Ohnuki (Gundam Build Fighters, Samurai Gun) providing character designs. Noboru Takagi (Baccano!, Durarara!!) is in charge of series composition for the project.
Man With a Mission will perform opening theme Winding Road, while The Sixth Lie tackles the ending theme.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Assistant Director: Takahiro Kawakoshi
- Main Animator: Junichi Hayama
- Firearms Designer: Koji Watanabe
- Prop Designer: Shinya Asanuma
- Animal Designer: Ryō Sumiyoshi
- Art Director: Atsushi Morikawa
- Color Designer: Takahiro Mogi
- Director of Photography: Yuichiro Tozawa
- CG Director: Yuuko Okumura
- CG Director: Yasutaka Hamada
- Editor: Gō Sadamatsu
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Magic Capsule)
- Ainu Language Supervisor: Hiroshi Nakagawa
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
The series will star the following:
- Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto: Chikahiro Kobayashi
- Asirpa: Haruka Shiraishi
- “Escape King” Yoshitake Shiraishi: Kentarō Itō
- Hyakunosuke Ogata: Kenjiro Tsuda
- First Lieutenant Tsurumi: Houchu Ohtsuka
- Genjirō Tanigaki: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Toshizō Hijikata: Jouji Nakata
- Shinpachi Nagakura: Takayuki Sugou
- Tatsuma Ushiyama: Kenji Nomura
Viz Media currently holds the rights to the Golden Kamuy manga, which they describe as:
In the early twentieth century, Russo-Japanese War veteran Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto scratches out a meager existence during the postwar gold rush in the wilderness of Hokkaido. When he stumbles across a map to a fortune in hidden Ainu gold, he sets off on a treacherous quest to find it. But Sugimoto is not the only interested party, and everyone who knows about the gold will kill to possess it! Faced with the harsh conditions of the northern wilderness, ruthless criminals and rogue Japanese soldiers, Sugimoto will need all his skills and luck—and the help of an Ainu girl named Asirpa—to survive.