Atlus wants fans to wake up, get up, get out there this spring!
Earlier today, the official Persona 5 The Animation anime website updated with a new teaser trailer. The 90-second trailer introduces Virgil, Caroline, and Justine in the Velvet Room, as well as Akechi before jumping to highlights from the show’s earliest moments. Opening theme song Break in to Break Out by Lyn kicks in as the background track at the 43-second mark.
Persona 5 The Animation will première on April 7. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 4/7/2018 at 24:30 (4/8/2018 at 12:30AM)
- Gunma TV: 4/7/2018 at 24:30 (4/8/2018 at 12:30AM)
- Tochigi TV: 4/7/2018 at 24:30 (4/8/2018 at 12:30AM)
- MBS: 4/7/2018 at 26:08 (4/8/2018 at 2:08AM)
- BS11: 4/7/2018 at 24:30 (4/8/2018 at 12:30AM)
- AbemaTV: 4/7/2018 at 24:30 (4/8/2018 at 12:30AM)
- GYAO: 4/9/2018 at 12:00 (4/9/2018 at Noon)
Aniplex of America holds the rights to the title in the west.
Masashi Ishihama (From the New World, Garakowa -Restore the World-) was tapped to direct Persona 5 the Animation at A-1 Pictures, with Satomi Ishikawa (Convenience Store Boy Friends) providing character designs. Shinichi Inotsume (Gangsta., Hayate the Combat Butler) is in charge of series composition, while Persona 5 composer Shoji Meguro (Persona 3, Persona 4) will score the soundtrack.
Persona franchise producer Katsura Hashino is credited with the original plot concept. Kazuma Kaneko is credited with original demon designs, while Shigenori Soejima is credited as original character designer.
The show will star the following:
- Ren Amamiya/Joker: Jun Fukuyama
- Ryuji Sakamoto/Skull: Mamoru Miyano
- Morgana: Ikue Otani
- Anne Takamaki/Panther: Nana Mizuki
- Yusuke Kitagawa/Fox: Tomokazu Sugita
- Makoto Niijima/Queen: Rina Satou
- Futaba Sakura/Oracle: Aoi Yūki
- Haru Okumura/Noir: Haruka Tomatsu
- Goro Akechi: Sōichiro Hoshi
All of the cast members are returning from the original Persona 5 game.
Persona 5 was originally released on Sony’s PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles in September 2016. Atlus released the title outside of Japan in April.
The title received a 55-minute animated prologue, titled Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers-, on September 3, 2016. Takaharu Ozaki directed the project at A-1 Pictures, with Shinichi Inotsume (Garo: Crimson Moon, Hayate the Combat Butler) writing the script. The team of Keita Matsumoto (Sands of Destruction, Shining Hearts) and Toshiyuki Yahagi (Joker Game) provided character designs.
Sources: Comic Natalie