So Viz Media got this title? ‘K.
Yesterday, Viz Media announced that they acquired the rights to the K: Seven Stories film franchise. As of press time, details on the films’ release schedule or formats have yet to be announced.
Series director Shingo Suzuki (Coppelion) will return to direct and provide character designs for the project at GoHands, with GoRA handling and overseeing the scripts. Mikio Endo is returning to score the soundtracks. Both GoHands and GoRA are credited with the original concept.
Angela will perform theme song Seven Stories. Each ending theme song will be named after the film’s subtitle.
The full release schedule for the Seven Stories line is as follows:
- 7/7/2018: K: Seven Stories Episode 1: R:B ~Blaze~
- 8/4/2018: K: Seven Stories Episode 2: SIDE:BLUE ~Tenrō no Gotoku (SIDE:BLUE ~Like Sirius)
- 9/1/2018: K: Seven Stories Episode 3: SIDE:GREEN ~Uwagaki Sekai~ (SIDE:GREEN ~The Overwritten World)
- 10/6/2018: K: Seven Stories Episode 4: Lost Small World ~Ori no Mukō ni (Lost Small World ~To the Far side of the Cage)
- 11/3/2018: K: Seven Stories Episode 5: Memory of Red ~BURN~
- 12/1/2018: K: Seven Stories Episode 6: Circle Vision ~Nameless Song~
Several of the films share titles with existing works within the franchise. K: R:B, K SIDE:BLUE, and K:SIDE:GREEN are all light novels within the franchise. K: Memory of Red is a manga by GoRA and illustrator Yui Kuroe that ran from May 2012 through August 2013.
K: Lost Small World is an ongoing manga series by GoRA and illustrators Ookita and Yoru. The series, which currently runs in Hatsu Kiss magazine, received a light novel adaptation in 2014.
The K: Seven Stories film project was first announced in April 2016.
Source: Viz Media (Industry Panel)