Not to be mistaken with Comic Party, Doujin Work, or, ehhh you get the joke by now.
Earlier today, Crunchyroll announced that they will stream Comic Girls as part of their Spring 2018 simulcast lineup. The series launched today at 9:00AM Pacific (Noon Eastern) for all subscribers outside of Asia and German-speaking Europe.
The series is based on Kaori Hanzawa’s manga of the same name. Yoshinobu Tokumoto was tapped to direct the project at studio Nexus, with Keiko Saito providing character designs. Natsuko Takahashi (My Love Story!!, Love Tyrant) is in charge of series composition for the title.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Screenplay: Jukki Hanada
- Screenplay: Michiko Yokote
- Screenplay: Touko Machida
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Kaoruko Moeta: Hikaru Akao
- Koyume Koizuka: Kaede Hondo
- Tsubasa Katsuki: Rie Takahashi
- Ruki Irokawa: Saori Ōnishi
- Ririka Hanazono: Aya Endo
- Mayu Amisawa: Minami Tsuda
- Miharu Nijino: Ayaka Nanase
- Suzu Fūra: Reina Ueda
Kaori Hanzawa’s Comic Girls manga began publication in Houbunsha’s Manga Time Kirara Max magazine as a guest series in 2014. The title was picked up for regular serialization later in the year. The title was chosen as a first-round candidate for the 2017 Manga Taisho awards and currently has three compiled volumes in circulation. The most recent book hit stores on June 27.