It’s time to meet a few more inhabitants of this system we call the body.
Earlier today, the official Cells at Work! (Hataraku Saibo) anime’s official website updated with four new cast members. The series will add the following:
- Dendritic Cell: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Eosinophil: M.A.O
- Helper T Cell (T Lymphocyte): Takahiro Sakurai
- Regulatory T Cell: Saori Hayami
Chibi-styled visuals for all four characters were also revealed, which you can check out below:
Cells at Work! will hit Japanese TV this July. Aniplex of America has already opened an English-language website for the series, though they haven’t specified streaming plans as of press time.
Kenichi Suzuki (Drifters, Gundam Evolve) is directing the project at David Production, with Takahiko Yoshida (Welcome to the NHK, Yowamushi Pedal) providing character designs. Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2, Tsukigakirei) is in charge of series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Screenplay: Yuuko Kakihara
- Screenplay: Kenichi Suzuki
- Sub-Character Design: Kenta Mimuro
- Sub-Character Design : Keiko Tamaki
- Prop Design: Kenta Mimuro
- Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
- Chief Animation Director: Takahiko Yoshida
- Chief Animation Director: Keiko Tamaki
- Background Art: Atelier Platz
- Art Set: Ichiro Uno
- Art Set: Hashiguchi Koji
- Color Design: Aiko Mizuno
- Director of Photography: Yuki Oshima
- 3D CGI Director: Yutaka Nakajima
- Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose (editz)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
- Music: MAYUKO
- Producer: Yuma Takahashi
- Animation Producer: Go Wakamatsu
- Animation Production: David Production
- Production: Aniplex
- Production: Kodansha
- Production: David Production
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- White Blood Cell (Neutrophil): Tomoaki Maeno
- Red Blood Cell (Erythrocite): Kana Hanazawa
- Macrophage: Kikuko Inoue
- Killer T Cell: Daisuke Ono
- Platelet: Maria Naganawa
Aniplex of America describes the series as:
This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body…
According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells.
These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body.
From the oxygen carrying Red Blood Cells to the bacteria fighting White Blood Cells,
Get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you!
From the popular manga “Cells at Work!” comes a brand new anthropomorphized anime TV series!
It’s the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells!
Akane Shimizu’s Cells at Work! manga launched in the pages of Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius in March 2015. The series currently spans five compiled volumes, with the most recent book hitting retailers on August 9, 2017. Kodansha Comics currently holds the rights to the title in North America. They released the fifth volume on November 21, 2017.
Source: Comic Natalie