Three stories, many voices.
Earlier today, the official Shikioriori anime film’s website updated with the feature’s main cast. The series will star the following (associated segment in parentheses):
- Shaomin (Hidamari no Chōshoku): Taito Ban
- Irin (Chiisana Fashion Show): Minako Kotobuki
- Lulu (Chiisana Fashion Show): Haruka Shiraishi
- Steve (Chiisana Fashion Show): Hiroki Yasumoto
- Rimo (Shanghai Koi): Takeo Ōtsuka
- Shiaoyu (Shanghai Koi): Ikumi Hasegawa
Visuals for the characters were also revealed, which you can check out below.
Shikioriori will hit theaters in Summer 2018. Advance ticket sales open on April 28. Folks who pre-purchase their passes will receive a free clear file and Mobike card, while supplies last. The card will feature one of the visuals depicting a cityscape on the front, and a key visual that features the film’s logo on the back.
The project, which is a co-production between CoMix Wave Films and Haoliners, will be an anthology film that covers three short stories. The three tales will focus around three core themes: food, clothing, and shelter. Each will also take place in a different Chinese city
The features are as follows:
- Hidamari no Chōshoku (Sunny Breakfast)
- Chiisana Fashion Show (A Small Fashion Show)
- Shanghai Koi (Shanghai Love)
Hidamari no Chōshoku
Director: Jiaoshou Yi Xiaoxing
Tells the tales of a young person working in Beijing, and a grandmother from the youth’s hometown.
Chiisana Fashion Show
Director: Yoshitaka Takeuchi
A tale of sisters living in Guangzhou.
Director: Li Haolin
An homage to Makoto Shinkai’s 5 Centimeters Per Second, set in the 1990s.
Source: Comic Natalie