On May 20, Studio Ghibli’s Porco Rosso will soar into theaters across North America for a special three-day showing. The feature, which was directed by anime legend Hayao Miyazaki, captivated fans across Japan in 1992, earning both critical and fan acclaim.
Miyazaki’s masterful storytelling absolutely shines in this feature, as it tells the tale of a former fighter pilot against the backdrop of late ’20s Europe. It’s in this world where we meet Marco “Porco” Rosso: an ace fighter in the Great War, with eighty confirmed kills and a reputation that spread far and wide… who happens to have the face of a pig. With a mix of whimsy and gravitas, the film skillfully weaves a tale, and a world that fans will never want to leave.
Tickets are now on sale for the film, which will be shown on May 20, 21, and 23.
Anime Herald is proud to work with GKIDS as a partner in spreading the word about this masterpiece. Moreover, the folks at GKIDS have prepared a a pair of tickets to the show, which will go out to one lucky fan.
Enter by May 17 for a chance to win!
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Participants must be residents of the United States.
- The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Anime Herald or GKIDS.
- The contest ends on May 17, 2018 at 12:00AM Eastern (5/16/2018 at 9:00PM Pacific)
- Winners will be able to select their preferred theater and date. A representative from our partners will reach out to confirm theater choices after the contest ends.
Header Image © 1992 Studio Ghibli – NN