Sometimes, we just need to crack open the grimoire for answers.
Earlier today, Sentai Filmworks unveiled the English dub cast for Grimoire of Zero. The series will star the following:
- Mercenary: Jason Douglas
- Zero: Amanda Lee
- Albus: Chelsea McCurdy
- Thirteen: Ian Sinclair
- Holdem: David Wald
- Sorena: Melissa Pritchett
- Narrator: Jay Hickman
- Additional Voices: Mark X. Laskowski
- Additional Voices: Margaret Lewis
- Additional Voices: Joe Daniels
- Additional Voices: Kim Prauss
- Additional Voices: John Swasey
- Additional Voices: John Gremillion
- Additional Voices: Steven Fenley
- Additional Voices: Michael Wronski
- Additional Voices: Josh Morrison
- Additional Voices: Katelyn Barr
- Additional Voices: Luis Galindo
- Additional Voices: James Belher
- Additional Voices: Greg Cote
- Additional Voices: John Ramirez
- Additional Voices: Luci Christian
- Additional Voices: Kalin Coats
Kyle Colby Jones is directing the adaptation. Sentai released a teaser clip to promote the dub, which you can check out below:
Sentai Filmworks will release Grimoire of Zero on home video on June 26. A limited edition is also planned, which includes a grimoire booklet and art cards.
Tetsuo Hirakawa (Hori-san to Miyamura-kun, Kawa no Hikari) directed the project at White Fox, with the team of Daisuke Mataga and Ryosuke Kimiya (Patema Inverted) providing character designs.
Section23 describes the series as:
Like most Beastfallen, the half-tiger known as Mercenary hates the witches who created them, so when he’s offered a chance to hunt witches, he quickly agrees. But things go spectacularly wrong when he’s rescued by a witch instead and she wants him to become her bodyguard! Making matters worse, she’s seeking a missing book, the Grimoire of Zero, which contains the secrets of Magic, which could possibly end the world if it falls into the wrong hands. And the author of the book? Zero herself! Worst of all, Zero actually seems to think that Mercenary is cute and cuddly, and wants to do terribly inappropriate things with him! But, if he does as she asks, Zero promises to make Mercenary human, and with that reward in mind, there isn’t much that he won’t do to help retrieve the GRIMOIRE OF ZERO!