It looks like we have a few new workers in this factory called the body.
Earlier today, the official Cells At Work! anime website updated with several cast reveals, as well as details on the show’s theme song and premiere date.
We break the details down below:
The series will add the following:
- Mast Cell: Ayako Kawasumi
- Memory Cell: Yūichi Nakamura
- Pneumonia Coccus: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Senpai Red Blood Cell: Aya Endo
Kana Hanazawa, Tomoaki Maeno, Daisuke Ono, and Kikuko Inoue will perform opening theme song Mission! Ken – Kō – Dai – Ichi. We previously reported that ClariS will perform closing theme song CheerS.
Cells At Work! hits Japanese TV on July 7. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
- BS11: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
- Gunma TV: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
- Tochigi TV: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
Kenichi Suzuki (Drifters, Gundam Evolve) is directing the project at David Production, with Takahiko Yoshida (Welcome to the NHK, Yowamushi Pedal) providing character designs. Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2, Tsukigakirei) is in charge of series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Screenplay: Yuuko Kakihara
- Screenplay: Kenichi Suzuki
- Sub-Character Design: Kenta Mimuro
- Sub-Character Design : Keiko Tamaki
- Prop Design: Kenta Mimuro
- Action Animation Director: Kenta Mimuro
- Chief Animation Director: Takahiko Yoshida
- Chief Animation Director: Keiko Tamaki
- Background Art: Atelier Platz
- Art Set: Ichiro Uno
- Art Set: Hashiguchi Koji
- Color Design: Aiko Mizuno
- Director of Photography: Yuki Oshima
- 3D CGI Director: Yutaka Nakajima
- Editing: Kiyoshi Hirose (editz)
- Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa
- Sound Production: Magic Capsule
- Music: Kenichiro Suehiro
- Music: MAYUKO
- Producer: Yuma Takahashi
- Animation Producer: Go Wakamatsu
- Animation Production: David Production
- Production: Aniplex
- Production: Kodansha
- Production: David Production
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- White Blood Cell (Neutrophil): Tomoaki Maeno
- Red Blood Cell (Erythrocite): Kana Hanazawa
- Macrophage: Kikuko Inoue
- Killer T Cell: Daisuke Ono
- Platelet: Maria Naganawa
- Dendritic Cell: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Eosinophil: M.A.O
- Helper T Cell (T Lymphocyte): Takahiro Sakurai
- Regulatory T Cell: Saori Hayami
Aniplex of America describes the series as:
This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body…
According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells.
These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body.
From the oxygen carrying Red Blood Cells to the bacteria fighting White Blood Cells,
Get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you!
From the popular manga “Cells at Work!” comes a brand new anthropomorphized anime TV series!
It’s the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells!
Akane Shimizu’s Cells at Work! manga launched in the pages of Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius in March 2015. The series currently spans five compiled volumes, with the most recent book hitting retailers on August 9, 2017. Kodansha Comics currently holds the rights to the title in North America. They released the fifth volume on November 21, 2017.