The cells are punching in, as they get ready for their shifts.
Earlier today, the official Cells At Work! anime website updated with two new TV spots. Each of the teasers features one of the show’s theme songs.
Opening Theme: Mission! Ken – Kō – Dai – Ichi
Closing Theme: CheerS
Cells At Work! hits Japanese TV on July 7. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
- BS11: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
- Gunma TV: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
- Tochigi TV: 7/7/2018 at 24:00 (7/8/2018 at Midnight)
Kenichi Suzuki (Drifters, Gundam Evolve) is directing the project at David Production, with Takahiko Yoshida (Welcome to the NHK, Yowamushi Pedal) providing character designs. Yuuko Kakihara (Chihayafuru 2, Tsukigakirei) is in charge of series composition.
Kana Hanazawa, Tomoaki Maeno, Daisuke Ono, and Kikuko Inoue will perform opening theme song Mission! Ken – Kō – Dai – Ichi. ClariS will perform closing theme song CheerS.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- White Blood Cell (Neutrophil): Tomoaki Maeno
- Red Blood Cell (Erythrocite): Kana Hanazawa
- Macrophage: Kikuko Inoue
- Killer T Cell: Daisuke Ono
- Platelet: Maria Naganawa
- Dendritic Cell: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Eosinophil: M.A.O
- Helper T Cell (T Lymphocyte): Takahiro Sakurai
- Regulatory T Cell: Saori Hayami
- Mast Cell: Ayako Kawasumi
- Memory Cell: Yūichi Nakamura
- Pneumonia Coccus: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Senpai Red Blood Cell: Aya Endo
- B-Cell: Shoya Chiba
- Narrator: Mamiko Noto
Aniplex of America describes the series as:
This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body…
According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells.
These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body.
From the oxygen carrying Red Blood Cells to the bacteria fighting White Blood Cells,
Get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you!
From the popular manga “Cells at Work!” comes a brand new anthropomorphized anime TV series!
It’s the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells!
Akane Shimizu’s Cells at Work! manga launched in the pages of Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Sirius in March 2015. The series currently spans five compiled volumes, with the most recent book hitting retailers on August 9, 2017. Kodansha Comics currently holds the rights to the title in North America. They released the fifth volume on November 21, 2017.