Earlier today, the official Happy Sugar Life anime website updated with a new key visual. The image features series leads Satō Matsuzaka and Shio Kōbe laying on a white sheet, their clothes disheveled.
Happy Sugar Life hits Japanese TV on July 13. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- MBS: 7/13/2018 at 25:55 (7/14/2018 at 1:55AM)
- TBS: 7/13/2018 at 25:55 (7/14/2018 at 1:55AM)
- BS-TBS: 7/14/2018 at 24:00 (7/15/2018 at Midnight)
- AT-X: 7/18/2018 at 24:00 (7/19/2018 at Midnight)
Nobuyoshi Nagayama (My Girlfriend is Shobitch) is directing the project at studio Ezo’la, with Keizou Kusakawa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A’s, Fuuka) working as chief director. Shōko Yasuda (Unlimited Fafnir, My Girlfriend is Shobitch) is providing character designs, while Touko Machida (Chaika – The Coffin Princess, Tears to Tiara) takes charge of series composition.
Nanawoakari will perform the show’s opening theme song. ReoNa will perform closing theme song SWEET HURT.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Director of Photography: Yasuyuki Itou
- Background Art Director: Kiyotaka Yachi
- Color Key Artist: Youko Matsubara
- Editor: Yuuji Oka
- Music: Koichiro Kameyama
- Sound Director: Yayoi Tateishi
The series will star the following:
- Satō Matsuzaka: Kana Hanazawa
- Shio Kōbe: Misaki Kuno
- Asahi Kōbe: Yumiri Hanamori
- Shōko Hida: Aya Suzaki
- Taiyō Mitsuboshi: Natsuki Hanae
- Satō’s Aunt: Kikuko Inoue
- Daichi Kitaumekawa: Kaito Ishikawa
Happy Sugar Life hits MBS (among other networks) in July. VAP is holding a stage event for Happy Sugar Life at AnimeJapan on March 25. Actresses Yumiri Hanamori and Misaki Kuno will appear at the show as guests.
Tomiyaki Kagisora’s Happy Sugar Life manga made its début in Square Enix’s Gangan Joker magazine in May 2015. Seven compiled volumes have been released to date, with the latest shipping to stores today.
Manga resource Baka-Updates describes the title as:
High-schooler Matsuzaka Satou has a reputation for being easy, but one day her lifestyle of sleeping with one boy after another comes to an end. It happens when she meets the child Shio, for whom she is convinced she feels true love for the first time. Satou may seem sweet and innocent, but there is nothing she won’t do to protect their life together, including committing murder. But from where did she acquire the little girl, and how long can their “Happy Sugar Life” together last?