It’s just a bunch of guys, having a conversation… I think.
Earlier today, the official Shinya! Tensai Bakabon (Late Night! Tensai Bakabon) anime website updated with a new teaser trailer. The two-minute trailer features Bakabon’s Father exchanging banter with various neighbors.
Shinya! Tensai Bakabon will hit Japanese TV on July 10. The full broadcast schedule is as follows (all times JST):
- TV Tokyo: 7/10/2018 at 25:35 (7/11/2018 at 1:35AM)
- TV Osaka: 7/10/2018 at 25:35 (7/11/2018 at 1:35AM)
- TV Aichi: 7/10/2018 at 25:35 (7/11/2018 at 1:35AM)
- BS Japan: 7/17/2018 at 24:59 (7/18/2018 at 12:59AM)
Toru Hosokawa (Baka Mukashi Banashi Gekijōban ~Jijii Wars~, Polar Bear’s Cafe) was tapped to pull double duty at Pierrot+, working as director and taking charge of series composition for the project. Takashi Yamamoto will serve as assistant director. Takaaki Wada is providing character designs for the project.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Sound Director: Hiromi Kikuta
- Music Production: Avex Pictures
The series will star the following:
- Bakabon: Miyu Irino
- Bakabon’s Father: Arata Furuta
- Bakabon’s Mother: Noriko Hidaka
- Hajime: Ai Nonaka
- Rerere no Ojisan: Akira Ishida
- Honkan: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Unagi-Inu: Takahiro Sakurai
The late Fujio Akatsuka’s Tensai Bakabon manga kicked off in 1967, in the pages of Kodansha’s Weekly Shōnen Magazine. The series ran through 1976, spanning 38 collected volumes. The title spawned four anime TV series, as well as a 2015 anime film and a 2016 live-action TV series.
Akatsuka passed away due to esophageal cancer in 2008. He was 72.
Sources: Comic Natalie