Talk about your battle royale high schools!
Earlier today, the official Gakuen Basara anime website updated with a new teaser trailer and a key visual. We break the details down below.
The 30-second teaser introduces main characters Sanada Yukimura and Date Masamune. At the 22-second mark, the show’s opening theme song by T.M. Revolution kicks in.
The image features the major characters set against a clear blue sky. Masamune and Yukimura are front in center as they square off against one another.
Gakuen Basara hits Japanese TV on October 4. TBS will air the series on October 4, while BS-TBS launches the title on October 6.
Gakuen Basara is a spinoff from Sengoku Basara. The series will be directed by Minoru Ohara (Lupin III: Episode 0 ‘First Contact’, Glass Fleet) at Brains Base, with Haruhito Takada (Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge, Kaiji) providing character designs. Kouji Miura (Examurai Sengoku) is in charge of series composition.
Capcom’s Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Makoto Yamamoto will serve as supervisors.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Date Masamune: Kazuya Nakai
- Sanada Yukimura: Sōichiro Hoshi
- Katakura Kojūrō: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Sarutobi Sasuke: Takehito Koyasu
- Maeda Keiji: Masakazu Morita
- Motochika Chōsokabe: Ryuuzou Ishino
- Motonari Mōri: Shigeru Nakahara
- Azai Nagamasa: Kouji Tsujitani
- Oichi: Mamiko Noto
- Kasuga: Natsuko Kuwatani
- Oda Nobunaga: Norio Wakamoto
- Uesugi Kenshin: Romi Park
- Akechi Mitsuhide: Sho Hayami
- Takeda Shingen: Tesshō Genda
- Ishida Mitsunari: Tomokazu Seki
- Tokugawa Ieyasu: Toshiki Masuda
All seven characters are reprising their roles from other Sengoku Basara entries.
Sengoku Basara began its life in 2005 as a PlayStation 2 game. The title was releaesd in the west as Devil Kings. The title received six sequels through 2014, as well as a spinoff in 2016. The franchise received an anime TV series by Production I.G. in the Spring 2009 broadcast season.
Source: Comic Natalie