Now without that hasty cell phone recording quality!
Earlier today, King Records started streaming a new teaser trailer for upcoming film Shin Evangelion Gekijōban:|| (Evangelion: 3.0 + 1.0). The 22-second teaser is identical to the promo that’s been running ahead of showings for Mirai of the Future, and features Mari busting into the scene in a new pink Eva unit.
Shin Evangelion Gekijōban:|| hits theaters in 2020.
The confirmed staff members include:
- Key Animation: Syūichi Iseki
- In-Between Animation: Studio Khara
- Color Setting: Kazuko Kikuchi (Wish)
- Background Art: Tatsuya Kushida (Deho Gallary)
- CGI Modeling Director: Manabu Kobayashi
- CGI Animation Director: Yusuke Matsui
- CGI Technical Director: Takashi Suzuki
- Rigging: Tsubasa Takabe
- CGI Animation: Masanori Iwasato
- CGI Animation: Ryōichi Nakama
- Photography: Nanae Hirabayashi
- Photography: Hiroaki Yabe
- Photography: Toyonori Yamada
- Monitor Graphics: Hiroyasu Kobayashi
Hideaki Anno is listed as original creator, while Yoshiyuki Sadamoto is credited as Original Character Designer.
In May, we reported that Studio Khara was looking to hire staffers for the film in the following positions:
- 3D CGI Animatiors
- Visual Effects Staff
- 2D Animators
Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 was originally slated to hit Japanese theaters in 2015. The film’s title was originally unveiled in 2012. At the time, it was explained that the :|| was a musical symbol to denote repetition at the end of a measure.
To date, three films have been produced in the Rebuild of Evangelion line:
- Evangelion 1.0: You Are [Not] Alone (2007)
- Evangelion 2.0: You Can [Not] Advance (2009)
- Evangelion 3.0: You Can [Not] Redo (2012)
Funimation currently holds the domestic rights to all three features. The company released Evangelion 3.0 on Blu-Ray in North America in 2016. The Blu-Ray, was delayed from a planned September 2013 launch, was co-produced by Studio Khara.
Source: YouTube (King Records)