It’s time to meet this great red lord… er… again.
Earlier today, the official Lord of Vermilion: Guren no Ou (Lord of Vermilion: The Crimson King) anime website updated with a new teaser trailer. The minute-long promo features narration by Tomokazu Sugita. Opening theme song Tenshi yo Furusato o Kike by May’n plays as a background track.
Lord of Vermilion: Guren no Ou hits Japanese TV on July 13. The full broadcast schedule is as follows (All times JST):
- Tokyo MX: 7/13/2018 at 25:05 (7/14/2018 at 1:05AM)
- BS11: 7/15/2018 at 24:30 (7/152018 at 12:30AM)
- TV Aichi: 7/16/2018 at 26:05 (7/17/2018 at 2:05AM)
- KBS Kyoto: 7/16/2018 at 24:30 (7/17/2018 at 12:30AM)
- Sun TV: 7/16/2018 at 24:30 (7/17/2018 at 12:30AM)
The title is based on Square Enix’s arcade game of the same name. Eiji Suganuma (El Hazard – The Magnificent World, Karneval) is directing the project at asread and Tear Studio, with Toshie Kawamura (Glitter Force, The World God Only Knows: Goddesses Arc) providing character designs. Masashi Suzuki (Rail Wars!, The Sacred Blacksmith) is in charge of series composition for the title.
JUNNA will perform closing theme song Akaku, Zetsubō no Hana.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Yuri Shiraki: Misato Fukuen
- Chihiro Kamina: Yuuki Kaji
- Akira Harabuki: Rina Satou
- Chiyu: Chiwa Saito
- Dux: Sayuri Inoue
- Haru Minakami: Takuma Terashima
- Isshin Kakihara: Hiroki Touchi
- Inuki Akaya: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Julia Ichijō: Yui Horie
- Jun Aoi: Junichi Suwabe
- Kaburagi Kark: Shinichiro Miki
- Kotetsu Dōmyōji: Satoshi Hino
- Koume Sakiyama: Aoi Yūki
- Marie Kurokami: Yu Kobayashi
- Shōko Hanashima: Ai Kayano
- Suruga Jūmonji: Akira Ishida
- Tsubaki Manazuru: Rie Kugimiya
The Lord of Vermilion: Guren no Ou arcade game launched in June 2008. The title has since received two sequels, as well as spinoff games on the PSP and PlayStation Vita. A fourth mainline game is currently in the works.
Source: Comic Natalie