It looks like this sci-fi series will bring fans to a whole new universe this October.
Earlier today, the official Akanesasu Shōjo (Girl Glowing Red) anime website updated with a new key visual, as well as the main voice cast and several new staffers. We break the details down below.
The image sees the major characters relaxing in a cozy café. the camera is tilted at a dutch angle, and something can be seen just outside the window.
A tall version of the visual was also revealed, which you can check out below.
The series will add the following:
- Series Director: Yūichi Abe
- Screenplay: Shogo Yasukawa
- Sub-Character Design: Yuki Kawashima
- Sub-Character Design: Akitomo Yamamoto
- Sub-Character Design: Koji Watanabe
- Animation Director: Akitomo Yamamoto
- Equalizer Design: Ryō Hirata
- Clutter Design: Yasuhiro Moriki
- Prop Design: Susumu Imaishi
- Prop Design: Koji Watanabe
- Prop Design: Ryō Hirata
- Prop Design: Sayaka Takase
- Storyboards: Stanislas Brunet
- Art Director: Yoshisa Ito
- Art Setting: Akihiro Hirasawa
- Art: Kusanagi
- 3D CGI: Hideaki Takeda
- Director of Photography: Atsushi Satou
- Photography: Studio Shamrock
- Editor: Mai Hasegawa
- Sound Director: Hiroto Morishita
- Production Cooperation: Spring
Five roles were confirmed for the project:
- Asuka Tsuchinomiya: Tomoyo Kurosawa
- Yū Tōchū: Lynn
- Mia Silverstone: Nao Touyama
- Nana Nanase: Ami Koshimizu
- Kuroe Morisu: Marina Inoue
Visuals for the characters were also revealed, which you can check out below.
Akanesasu Shōjo will hit Japanese TV in October. Tokyo MX, Animax, and other networks will carry the show.
Jin Tamamura (Iron Vendetta) was tapped to direct the project at studios Dandelion Animation Studio and Jūmonji, with Yuuichi Abe (SD Gundam Force, Gundam Evolve OVA 1) serving as series director. Hiroki Harada (Sweetness & Lightning, Jewelpet: Magical Change) will provide character designs, while Shogo Yasukawa (Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Mitsuboshi Colors) takes charge of series composition.
Ryūtarō Nakahara, under the pseudonym Ryu☆, will score the soundtrack. The opening theme song will be performed by MICHI, while Ami Wajima handles the closing theme.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Concept: Kōtarō Uchikoshi
- Original Character Design: Hiroyuki Asada
- Original Character Design: Masakazu Katsura
- Concept Artist: Hiroyuki Asada
- Sci-Fi Setting: Hiroshi Yamamoto
Animax is a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan and AK Holdings. The network, which is based in Tokyo’s Minato prefecture, launched on May 20,1998. The network operates linear networks in Japan, Asia (South East Asia, Philippines, Hong Kong and Taiwan), and South Korea, as well as Video-on-Demand services in the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Notable shareholders of Animax include Sunrise, Toei Animation, TMS Entertainment, and Nihon Ad Systems.
Source: Comic Natalie