Don’t worry, Green Day won’t be getting anywhere close to this one.
On August 27, Adult Swim took to Facebook to stream a new trailer for FLCL: Alternative. The 90-second promo previews the show’s English dub.
FLCL: Alternative will debut on Adult Swim on September 8, at 11:30PM. The first episode aired on Toonami on April 1, as part of the network’s annual April Fool’s Day joke.
Kazuya Tsurumaki (FLCL, Gunbuster) is supervising the project, with Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass, Atom The Beginning) working at Chief Director at Production I.G. Yūichi Takahashi (Gatchaman Crowds insight, Macross Frontier) is in charge of character designs for the project, while Hideto Iwai writes the scripts.
The Pillows will score the show’s soundtrack, and perform opening theme song Star Overhead.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Director: Yutaka Uemura
- Director: Kiyotaka Suzuki
- Original Character Design: Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
- Mechanical Design: Kiyotaka Oshiyama
- Animation Production: Production I.G, NUT, REVOROOT
- Costume Design: Hiromi Taniguchi
- Prop Design: Yuji Hosogoe
- Prop Design: Hiyori Denforword Akishino (Aki Production)
- Background Art Director: Ayaka Fujii
- Color Design: Chiho Nakamura
- Director of Photography: Shinji Tonsho
- CG Director: Tsukasa Saitō
- Music Director/Composer: R.O.N
- Sound Director: Toru Nakano
- Supervisor: Kazuya Tsurumaki
The confirmed dub cast includes:
- Haruko: Kari Wahlgren
- Kana: Megan Taylor Harvey
- Pets: Marieve Herington
- Hijiri: Erica Lindbeck
- Mossan: Marianne Miller
- Sudo: Patrick Seitz
- Sasaki: Max Mittelman
- Aida: Ben Pronsky
- Bunta: Erick Abbate
- Yoga: Steve Blum
- Kitaki: Erica Schroeder
- Kanda: Ray Chase
Adult Swim describes FLCL: Alternative as:
The series centers on the misadventures of 17-year-old Kana, a high school junior who spends her days hanging out with her besties, Mossan, Hijiri, and Pets. They live unremarkable lives, until the day a Mecha falls out of the sky, along with a strange woman named “Haruko.” Her plans for Kana and her friends involve the force known as “ATOMSK.” Kana will have to risk everything to decide whether or not to help… like she really has a choice!
Source: Twitter (FLCL_USA)