It’s time to walk this way, toward the premiere date for the new JoJo season!
Earlier today, the official Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind anime website updated with a new character trailer.
The 18-second promo introduces Narancia Ghirga and his Stand Aerosmith.
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind hits Japanese TV on October 5. The full broadcast schedule is as follows (all times JST):
- Tokyo MX: 10/5/2018 at 25:05 (10/6/2018 at 1:05AM)
- Mainichi Broadcasting: 10/5/2018 at 26:55 (10/6/2018 at 2:55AM)
- BS11: 10/5/2018 at 25:30 (10/6/2018 at 1:30AM)
- Abema TV: 10/7/2018 at 24:00 (10/8/2018 at Midnight)
Crunchyroll will stream the series as part of their Fall content lineup. Viz Media currently holds the rights to the show.
Naokatsu Tsuda (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure seasons 1-4, planetarian) will return to the franchise as chief director, with Yasuhiro Kimura (Three Leaves, Three Colors) and Hideya Takahashi (Anonymous Noise, Keijo!!!!!!!!) directing at David Production. Takahiro Kishida (Durarara!!, Puella Magi Madoka Magica) will provide character designs, while Yasuko Kobayashi (Attack on Titan, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure) returns to tackle series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Animation Director: Shun’ichi Ishimoto
- Stand Design: Takahito Katayama
- Action Animation Director: Takahito Katayama
- Prop Design: Yukitoshi Hotani
- Art Setting: Kaoru Aoki
- Art Setting: Junko Nagasawa
- Art Setting: Reeki Taki
- Color Design: Yūko Satō
- Art Director: Megumi Kato
- Art Director: Shunichiro Yoshihara
- Director of Photography: Kazuhiro Yamada
- Editor: Kiyoshi Hirose
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Music: Yuugo Kanno
- Original Creator: Hirohiko Araki
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Narancia Ghirga: Daiki Yamashita
- Leone Abbacchio: Junichi Suwabe
- Pannacotta Fugo: Junya Enoki
- Giorno Giovana: Kensho Ono
- Guido Mista: Kousuke Toriumi
- Bruno Bucciarat: Yūichi Nakamura
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind is the fifth major story arc in the ongoing JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure manga franchise. The arc, which ran from November 20, 1995 through April 5, 1999 in Weekly Shonen Jump, moves the setting to Italy.
The arc revolves around Giorno Giovanna (“GioGio”), the human son of Dio Brando, takes center stage this time as he attempts to overthrow the Passione mafia’s boss in hopes of turning the organization into a force for good. He controls the Stand Gold Experience, which is able to imbue life into objects.
Viz Media currently holds the domestic rights to JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind.
JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure spawned four anime adaptations, which cover the first four arcs:
- JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
- Battle Tendency
- Stardust Crusaders
- Diamond Is Unbreakable
The most recent series, Diamond Is Unbreakable, ran through December 2016. A Diamond Is Unbreakable live-action film hit Japanese theaters in August 2017.
Source: Comic Natalie