On September 30, the Cat Bus will return for one more ride, as Studio Ghibli’s My Neighbor Totoro hits theaters for a three-day engagement. The film, which was helmed by living legend Hayao Miyazaki, has been an icon in the anime world since its 1988 premiere.
The movie is equal parts awe-inspiring and laid-back, and has earned countless accolades across the globe, including the prestigious Mainichi Film Award for Best Film.
Totoro, himself, meanwhile, is an icon on the level of Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh. His smiling face is known to young and old alike in Japan, and beloved by countless across the globe.
My Neighbor Totoro tells the tale of Satsuki and her sister Mei, who move to a new home in the country with their father. The two quickly learn that the woods are filled with charming creatures, including Totoro: a gentle giant of a forest spirit who is only visible to children. Together with Totoro, Mei and Satsuki’s lives are filled with adventures, from a ride on the Cat Bus to the trip on a magical flying top.
Tickets for My Neighbor Totoro are now on sale. The film will be shown on September 30, October 1, and October 3.
Anime Herald is proud to work with GKIDS as a partner in spreading the word about this masterpiece. Moreover, the folks at GKIDS have prepared a pair of tickets to the show, which will go out to one lucky fan.
Enter by September 24 for a chance to win!
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Participants must be residents of the United States.
- The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Anime Herald or GKIDS.
- The contest ends on July 18, 2018 at 11:59PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific)
- Winners will be able to select their preferred theater and date. A representative from our partners will reach out to confirm theater choices after the contest ends.
Header Image © 1988 Studio Ghibli