The one-eyed dragon of Japan is making his way… to math class?
Earlier today, the official Gakuen Basara anime website updated with a new teaser trailer and a key visual. We break the details down below.
The 102-second teaser is a rolling series of introductions from the major voice cast members. Theme song Hokore Kedakaki Utsukushiki, Ikizama o plays as a background track.
The new visual features Date Masamune and Motonari Mōri taking center stage, against a clear blue sky. Below them, several other secondary characters jockey for position.
Gakuen Basara hits Japanese TV on October 4. The full broadcast schedule is as follows (All times JST):
- TBS: 10/4/2018 at 26:28 (10/5/2018 at 2:28 AM)
- BS-TBS: 10/6/2018 at 26:00 (10/7/2018 at 2:00AM)
- ITV: 10/18/2018 at 25:36 (10/19/2018 at 1:36AM)
Gakuen Basara is a spinoff from Sengoku Basara. The series will be directed by Minoru Ohara (Lupin III: Episode 0 ‘First Contact’, Glass Fleet) at Brains Base, with Haruhito Takada (Hunter × Hunter: Phantom Rouge, Kaiji) providing character designs. Kouji Miura (Examurai Sengoku) is in charge of series composition.
Capcom’s Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Makoto Yamamoto will serve as supervisors.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Date Masamune: Kazuya Nakai
- Sanada Yukimura: Sōichiro Hoshi
- Takenaka Shigeharu: Akira Ishida
- Tsuruhime: Ami Koshimizu
- Azai Nagamasa: Kouji Tsujitani
- Oichi: Mamiko Noto
- Maeda Keiji: Masakazu Morita
- Kasuga: Natsuko Kuwatani
- Oda Nobunaga: Norio Wakamoto
- Uesugi Kenshin: Romi Park
- Toyotomi Hideyoshi: Ryotaro Okiayu
- Motochika Chōsokabe: Ryuuzou Ishino
- Suzuki Magoichi: Sayaka Ohara
- Motonari Mōri: Shigeru Nakahara
- Akechi Mitsuhide: Sho Hayami
- Sarutobi Sasuke: Takehito Koyasu
- Takeda Shingen: Tesshō Genda
- Maeda Toshiie: Tomohiro Tsuboi
- Ishida Mitsunari: Tomokazu Seki
- Tokugawa Ieyasu: Toshiki Masuda
- Katakura Kojūrō: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- Matsu: Yuko Kaida
- Ōtani Yoshitsugu: Fumihiko Tachiki
- Kobayakawa Hideaki: Jun Fukuyama
- Itsuki: Miyuki Sawashiro
- Shibata Katsuie: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Kuroda Yoshitaka: Rikiya Koyama
- Gotō Mototsugu: Shinichiro Miki
- Shima Sakon: Yūichi Nakamura
Sengoku Basara began its life in 2005 as a PlayStation 2 game. The title was releaesd in the west as Devil Kings. The title received six sequels through 2014, as well as a spinoff in 2016. The franchise received an anime TV series by Production I.G. in the Spring 2009 broadcast season.