Don’t worry, this circus hasn’t started hunting Titans.
Earlier today, the official Karakuri Circus anime website updated with three new cast members. The series will add the following:
- Shoji Saiga: Masahiko Tanaka
- Yoshiharu Saiga: Akio Ohtsuka
- Lucille Bernouille: Romi Park
Visuals for all three characters were also revealed, which you can check out below.
Karakuri Circus will hit Japanese TV on October 11. The full broadcast schedule is as follows (All times JST):
- Tokyo MX: 10/11/2018 at 22:30 (10/11/2018 at 10:30PM)
- BS11: 10/11/2018 at 24:00 (10/12/2018 at Midnight)
Amazon is listed as the exclusive digital distributor for the series worldwide.
Satoshi Nishimura (Trigun, Hajime no Ippo) will direct the project at VOLN, with Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Future GPX Cyber Formula, Trigun) providing character designs. Original creator Kazuhiro Fujita and Toshiki Inoue (Death Note, Ushio & Tora) will team up to tackle series composition.
Yuuki Hayashi will score the show’s soundtrack. Bump of Chicken will perform opening theme song Tsukiniji (Lunar Rainbow).
Twin Engine is listed on general production.
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Masaru Saiga: Chihiro Ueda
- Shirogane Saiga: Megumi Hayashibara
- Narumi Katō: Rikiya Koyama
- Eiryō Ashihana: Takahiro Sakurai
- Gii Christoph Resh: Nozomu Sasaki
- Taranda Rizerotte Tachibana: Tomoyo Kurosawa
- Viruma Thorn: Marina Inoue
- Nobuo Nakamachi: Hisao Egawa
- Noriyuki Nakamachi: Ryōta Iwasaki
- Hirō Nakamachi: Kaito Ishikawa
Kazuhiro Fujita’s Karakuri Circus manga launched in the pages of Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday in 1997. The series ran through 2006, spanning 43 compiled volumes.
Manga resource Baka-Updates describes the title as:
The protagonist, Masaru, has just inherited a big fortune after the death of his father. However, people are trying to get their hands on it by any means necessary, even if it means killing him. Narumi helped Masaru from being kidnapped after fighting some weird guys. He found out that they’re not humans but wooden puppets with amazing strength. After a hard fight, Narumi was forced to admit that he’s no opponent for them; and just when he started to think that Masaru would be captured, Shirogane, Masaru’s watcher arrives from France with a weapon, the puppet Arlequin. Here, begins the story of Karakuri Circus.
Source: Comic Natalie