On October 28, this world of magic and mystery will reveal itself once more, as Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away returns to theaters for a three-day engagement. The film, which was helmed by living legend Hayao Miyazaki, earned universal acclaim since its 2001 premiere.
In 2003, the feature won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
Spirited Away follows Chihiro, a girl who’s moving with her family to a new home. A stop to explore an abandoned village sees her life forever changed, as her family undergoes a mysterious transformation. Chihiro, herself, is transported to a mystical realm, filled with all manner of spirits who serve the great sorceress Yubaba. It is here that Chihiro finds herself, forced to work in a bathhouse with only her wits to rely on for survival. She must find a way to free her family, as she makes her escape from this mystical realm.
Tickets for Spirited Away are on sale right now. The film will be shown on October 28, 29, and 30.
Anime Herald is proud to work with GKIDS as a partner in spreading the word about this masterpiece. Moreover, the folks at GKIDS have prepared a pair of tickets to the show, which will go out to one lucky fan.
Enter by October 22 for a chance to win!
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Participants must be residents of the United States.
- The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Anime Herald or GKIDS.
- The contest ends on October 22, 2018 at 11:59PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific)
- Winners will be able to select their preferred theater and date. A representative from our partners will reach out to confirm theater choices after the contest ends.
Header Image © 2001 Studio Ghibli – NDDTM