There’s a narrative to be spun here, I just don’t know what it is…
Earlier today, the official Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Narrative) anime website updated with new details on the title. A trailer, a key visual, several cast members, and details on the title’s theme songs were revealed.
We break the details down below.
The 57-second teaser offers a brief tease of the title’s main plot beats, with character dialogue driving the story against a backdrop of dramatic cuts and mobile suit action. Theme song Narrative by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:LiSA kicks in at the 32-second mark.
The image features a rear shot of Jona, Rita, and Michele, as children. Reflections of Yona and Rita as adults look back at them, as the Phenix looms above. Rita is looking over her back, toward the camera.
The film will add the following cast members:
- Zoltan Akkanen: Yuichiro Umehara
- Iago Hakana: Kazuya Nakai
- Mineva Lao Zabi: Ayumi Fujimura
- Brick Tekuraato: Makoto Furukawa
- Martha Vist Carbine: Tomoko Shiota
- Monahan Bahalo: Masaki Terasoma
- Abaev: Kazuhiro Yamaji
- Fransson: Takanori Hoshino
- Amaaja: Setsuji Satoh
- Taman: Wataru Komada
- Derao: Yuki Arai
- Paberu: Takehiro Shimada
- Mauri: Naoki Tamanoi
- Jona (Child): Buntoku Nakamura
- Michele (Child): Naho Yokomizo
Visuals for the characters were also revealed, which you can check out below.
SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:LiSA will perform theme song Narrative. The song will feature music by Hiroyuki Sawano and vocals by LiSA.
Mobile Suit Gundam NT will hit Japanese theaters on November 30. Tickets will go on sale on November 17. Customers who pre-order their tickets will receive a 20-page “Report-U.C.0097-” document.
Shunichi Yoshizawa will direct Mobile Suit Gundam NT at Sunrise, with Se Jun Kim (Mobile Suit Gundam Twilight AXIS) providing character designs. Harutoshi Fukui (Mobile Suit Gundam UC, Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202) is writing the title’s screenplay.
Other confirmed staffers include:
- Original Character Design: Kumiko Takahashi
- Mechanical Design: Hajime Katoki
- Mechanical Design: Eiji Komatsu
- Editor: Daisuke Imai
- Special Effects Director: Kumiko Taniguchi
- Director of Photography: Kentarō Waki
- Color Design: Takako Suzuki
- Art Director: Yukiko Maruyama
- Art Director: Yoshimi Mineda
- Sound Director: Eriko Kimura
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Original Work: Yoshiyuki Tomino
- Original Work: Hajime Yatate
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Jona Bashuta: Junya Enoki
- Michele Luio: Tomo Muranaka
- Rita Bernal: Ayu Matsuura
Sunrise describes Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative as:
U.C. 0097, one year after the opening of “Laplace’s Box.”
Despite the revelation of the Universal Century Charter that acknowledges the existence and rights of Newtypes, the framework of the world has not been greatly altered.
The conflict later dubbed the “Laplace Incident” is thought to have ended with the downfall of the Neo Zeon remnants known as the Sleeves. In its final battle, two full psycho-frame mobile suits displayed power beyond human understanding. The white unicorn and the black lion were sealed away to remove this danger from people’s consciousness, and they should now be completely forgotten.
However, the RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03, which disappeared two years earlier, is now about to show itself in the Earth Sphere once more. A golden phoenix… named Phenex.