This tale of love and romance in Victorian England has received an new lease on life.
Earlier today, Right Stuf’s Kickstarter to produce an English dub for Emma: A Victorian Romance closed with $253,834. The campaign was funded by 1,615 backers, with an average contribution of $157.17 per patron.
As the campaign passed $180,000 in funding, Right Stuf will produce an English dub for the second season of the series, as well as the first.
The full list of stretch goals reached includes:
- $120,000: Written interview with Emma creator Kaoru Mori
- $135,000: Emma Season 1 dub commentary
- $145,000: Emma Season 2 added to Guidebook
- $155,000: Emma Guidebook Produced as Hardcover Edition
- $160,000: All “Housemaid Deluxe” ($100+) and higher tiers receive a free lithograph
- $170,000: Reversible Covers
- $180,000: Produce and English dub for Emma Season 2
- $200,000: Emma Season 2 dub commentary
- $220,000: Emma Guidebook Produced as Faux-Leather Hardcover Edition
- $240,000: Audio upgraded to 5.1 mix
- $250,000: Emma Guidebook upgraded to include foil debossing
The Guidebook is an add-on item, which is being offered to backers for $60.
Right Stuf’s Kickstarter to produce an English dub for Emma: A Victorian Romance reached its $110,000 funding goal on October 3. As of press time, the campaign stands at $180,252 across 1,293 backers, with an average contribution of $139.41 per backer.
The confirmed dub cast includes:
- Richard Jones: Wayne Grayson
- Eleanor Campbell: Jessica Calvello
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Director: Joe DiGiorgi
- Production Staff: Tara Tisch
- Staff Advisor: Rhiannon Ross
- Dialect Coach: Jim Johnson
- Dialect Coach: Carolyn Johnson
Emma: A Victorian Romance originally aired during the Spring 2005 broadcast season. The series was directed by Tsuneo Kobayashi (Super GALS!, Kurokami the Animation) at Studio Pierrot, with Keiko Shimizu and Yuko Kusumoto (Midori Days, Twelve Kingdoms) providing character designs. Mamiko Ikeda (Maid Sama!, Rental Magica) wrote the scenario.
Right Stuf describes the series as:
In 19th-century London, class lines are sharply drawn, and the social standing to which people are born dictates the path their lives will follow. Emma, an honest and hardworking young maid, never felt her place in life to be a burden. But then she met William, a member of the gentry and the eldest son of a wealthy family. His warm smile and earnest affection threaten to capture her heart… but can love truly conquer all?