It looks like the hunt for latent criminals is back on.
Earlier today, anime fans gathered at Tokyo’s TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills for the world première of the Psycho-Pass SS (Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System) anime project. During the show, the director and main cast for the project announced the core staff members, the main voice cast, the première date, and the key visual for Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System Case.1 Tsumi to Bachi (Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System Case.1 Tsumi & Bachi).
We break the details down below.
The image features Ginoza and Shimotsuki standing back to back, Dominators drawn, in a searchlight. Behind them is a woman cradling a child, as well as the ghostly visual of a woman in a space suit.
Naoyoshi Shiotani (Psycho-Pass, Blood-C: The Last Dark) will direct the project at Production I.G., with the team of Naoyuki Onda (Berserk: The Golden Age, Psycho-Pass: The Movie), Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass), and Hisashi Abe (Berserk, Sorcerer Hunters) providing character designs. Ryō Yoshigami will write the screenplay.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Satoru Nakamura
- Animation Director: Fumi Morita
- Animation Director: Ryōta Furukawa
- Animation Director: Ryota Niino
- Animation Director: Satoru Nakamura
- Animation Director: Shunji Suzuki
- Animation Director: Tetsurō Moronuki
- Technical Director: Tomoyuki Kurokawa
- Technical Director: Yasuhiro Geshi
- Color Key Artist: Emiko Ueno
- Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
- 3D Production: Sublimation
- Art Director: Shuichi Kusamori
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Music: Yuugo Kanno
- Series Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi
- “SS” Story Concept: Naoyoshi Shiotani
- Original Character Design: Akira Amano
- Distributor: TOHO Visual Entertainment
The film will star the following:
- Aiko Gentaku: Kimiko Saitō
- Akane Tsunemori: Kana Hanazawa
- Akira Karasuma: Keiichi Nakagawa
- Izumi Yasaka: Saori Yumiba
- Kōji Noto: Youhei Tadano
- Kyōka Tsujichō: Hiroe Oka
- Mika Shimotsuki: Ayane Sakura
- Nobuchika Ginoza: Kenji Nojima
- Rodion Matsuki: Rikiya Koyama
- Shion Karanomori: Miyuki Sawashiro
- Shō Hinakawa: Takahiro Sakurai
- Takeya Kukuri: Sachie Hirai
- Teppei Sugo: Hiroki Touchi
- Yayoi Kunizuka: Shizuka Itou
Masayuki Nakano will perform the ending theme song, Fallen. The main theme for the trilogy is Adnormalize, which will also be performed by Nakano.
Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System Case.1 Tsumi to Bachi opens on January 25, 2019.
Psycho-Pass is an original anime project from Production I.G., which first aired in the Fall 2012 broadcast season. Katsuyuki Motohiro and Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood+) helmed the first season as chief director and director, respectively. Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan) provided character designs on the title, while Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Blassreiter) took charge of series composition.
A sequel show, Psycho-Pass 2 aired in Fall 2014. Naoyoshi Shiotani and Kiyotaka Suzuki (Infini-T Force) directed the series at Tatsunoko Production, with Kyoji Asano returning to provide character designs. Tow Ubukata (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Le Chevalier D’Eon) took over for Gen Urobuchi on series composition.
A feature film project, titled Psycho-Pass: The Movie, hit Japanese theaters in January 2015. The film was helmed by Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood+, Psycho-Pass) and Chief Director Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass) at Production I.G. The team of Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) and Makoto Fukami (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass) wrote the screenplay, while Yuugo Kanno (Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Gundam Reconguista in G) scored the soundtrack. The team of Kouji Aoki, Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan), and Naoyuki Onda (Berserk: The Golden Age, Ergo Proxy) provided character designs.
Funimation currently holds the domestic rights to the Psycho-Pass anime. They describe the title as:
Welcome to a world where just thinking about a crime is enough to enough to make you guilty. Bad intentions can no longer be hidden, and the police know exactly which tainted minds are about to cross over to the wrong side of the law. The great equalizer in the war on thugs is the Dominator, a futuristic weapon that can read minds and assess the risk that a citizen will turn criminal. Cops work in teams made up of Enforcers and Inspectors. Enforcers take out the bad guys, Inspectors stop their partners from going rogue, and the all-powerful Sibyl System keeps a watchful eye on us all. Society is paralyzed by its deepest, darkest desires, and trial by jury has been replaced by the wrath of the Dominator. Welcome to the future. How guilty are you?