Finally, we reach the end of this investigation.
Earlier today, anime fans gathered at Tokyo’s TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills for the world premiere of the Psycho-Pass SS (Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System) anime project. During the show, the director and main cast for the project announced the core staff members, the main voice cast, the premiere date, and the key visual for Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System Case.3 Onshū no Kanata ni ____ (Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System Case.3: In the Realm Beyond Is ____).
We break the details down below.
The image features Kōgami climbing a hill with two other characters. A sketch outline of Kōgami sits at the forefront.
Naoyoshi Shiotani (Psycho-Pass, Blood-C: The Last Dark) will direct the project at Production I.G., with the team of Naoyuki Onda (Berserk: The Golden Age, Psycho-Pass: The Movie), Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass), and Hisashi Abe providing character designs. Makoto Fukami (Yuruyuri San Hai!, Berserk) is writing the screenplay.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Chief Animation Director: Naoyuki Onda
- Chief Animation Director: Hisashi Abe
- Chief Animation Director: Satoru Nakamura
- Animation Director: Miyuki Nakamura
- Animation Director: Ryōta Furukawa
- Animation Director: Chikai Takeuchi
- Animation Director: Hisaki Furukawa
- Animation Director: Miho Ichikawa
- Animation Director: Kazuchika Kise
- Animation Director: Hisashi Abe
- Animation Director: Tetsurō Moronuki
- Animation Director: Ryota Niino
- Animation Director: Satoru Nakamura
- Technical Director: Toshiyuki Kono
- Technical Director: Hirotaka Endo
- Art Director: Shuichi Kusamori
- Director of Photography: Eiji Arai
- Color Key Artist: Emiko Ueno
- 3D CGI: Sublimation
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Music: Yuugo Kanno
- Series Story Concept: Gen Urobuchi
- Character Design Concept: Akira Amano
- Distributor: TOHO Visual Entertainment
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Guillermo Garcia: Tsutomu Isobe
- Jean-Marcel Belmondo: Satoshi Tsuruoka
- Kinley Dorji: Tomoyuki Shimura
- Shinya Kōgami: Tomokazu Seki
- Tenjin Wangchuck: Sumire Morohoshi
- Tshering Gurung: Wataru Takagi
Masayuki Nakano will perform the ending theme song, Namae no nai Kaibutsu (Monster Without A Name). The main theme for the trilogy is Adnormalize, which will also be performed by Nakano.
Psycho-Pass Sinners of the System Case.3 Onshū no Kanata ni ____ premieres on March 8, 2019.
Psycho-Pass is an original anime project from Production I.G., which first aired in the Fall 2012 broadcast season. Katsuyuki Motohiro and Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood+) helmed the first season as chief director and director, respectively. Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan) provided character designs on the title, while Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Blassreiter) took charge of series composition.
A sequel show, Psycho-Pass 2 aired in Fall 2014. Naoyoshi Shiotani and Kiyotaka Suzuki (Infini-T Force) directed the series at Tatsunoko Production, with Kyoji Asano returning to provide character designs. Tow Ubukata (Ghost in the Shell: Arise, Le Chevalier D’Eon) took over for Gen Urobuchi on series composition.
A feature film project, titled Psycho-Pass: The Movie, hit Japanese theaters in January 2015. The film was helmed by Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood+, Psycho-Pass) and Chief Director Katsuyuki Motohiro (Psycho-Pass) at Production I.G. The team of Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) and Makoto Fukami (Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass) wrote the screenplay, while Yuugo Kanno (Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Gundam Reconguista in G) scored the soundtrack. The team of Kouji Aoki, Kyoji Asano (Attack on Titan), and Naoyuki Onda (Berserk: The Golden Age, Ergo Proxy) provided character designs.
Funimation currently holds the domestic rights to the Psycho-Pass anime. They describe the title as:
Welcome to a world where just thinking about a crime is enough to enough to make you guilty. Bad intentions can no longer be hidden, and the police know exactly which tainted minds are about to cross over to the wrong side of the law. The great equalizer in the war on thugs is the Dominator, a futuristic weapon that can read minds and assess the risk that a citizen will turn criminal. Cops work in teams made up of Enforcers and Inspectors. Enforcers take out the bad guys, Inspectors stop their partners from going rogue, and the all-powerful Sibyl System keeps a watchful eye on us all. Society is paralyzed by its deepest, darkest desires, and trial by jury has been replaced by the wrath of the Dominator. Welcome to the future. How guilty are you?