To see the future, you need only look to the skies.
Earlier today, the official Girly Air Force anime website updated with a new teaser trailer. The 90-second promo previews the main plot, which character dialogue providing the core story beats. Opening theme song Break the Blue!! by Run Girls, Run！ kicks in at the 51-second mark.
The series will hit Japanese TV on January 9, 2019. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- AT-X: 1/10/2019 at 23:00 (1/10/2019 at 11:00PM)
- Tokyo MX: 1/10/2019 at 24:30 (1/11/2019 at 12:30AM)
- AbemaTV: 1/10/2019 at 24:30 (1/11/2019 at 12:30AM)
- Sun TV: 1/10/2019 at 26:00 (1/11/2019 at 2:00AM)
- BS11: 1/10/2019 at 25:00 (1/11/2019 at 1:00AM)
An advanced screening event will be held on January 5, at Odaiba’s United Cinema Aqua City. Actors Yūka Morishima, Ryota Ohsaka, and Run Girls Run! will attend the show.
Katsumi Ono (Senki Zesshō Symphogear, Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V) was tapped to direct Girly Air Force at Satelight, with Tōru Imanishi (Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory, WorldEnd) providing character designs. Shingo Nagai is in charge of series composition.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Creator: Kōji Natsumi (Dengeki Bunko)
- Original Character Design: Asagi Tōsaka
- Chief Animation Director: Tōru Imanishi
- Mechanical Design: Hiroyuki Taiga
- Combat Supervision: Hiroyuki Taiga
- Music: I’ve Sound
- Animation Production: Satelight
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Kei Narutani: Ryota Ohsaka
- Gripen: Yūka Morishima
- Eagle: Hitomi Ohwada
- Song Min Hoa: Lynn
- Phantom: Shiori Izawa
Kōji Natsumi and illustrator Asagi Tōsaka’s Girly Air Force light novels launched in September 2014, under ASCII Media Works’ Dengeki Bunko imprint. The series currently spans nine volumes, with the latest hitting stores on June 9.
A manga adaptation by Takahiro Seguchi launched in the pages of Kadokawa’s Monthly Shōnen Ace magazine on October 26.
Source: Comic Natalie