On January 10, GKIDS will bring a trio of tales of everyday bravery to more than 500 theaters across North America with Studio Ponoc’s Modest Heroes: Ponoc Short Films Theatre Volume 1.
The picture brings three brilliant filmmakers together, who share stories about crab siblings, invisible men, and family drama in astoundingly animated shorts.
Each of the three films features a different director, though they are all linked by the unifying ideas of everyday heroism:
- Kanini & Kanino: A fantasy tale about two crab siblings. (Directed by Mary and the Witch’s Flower director Hiromasa Yonebayashi)
- Life Ain’t Gonna Lose (Samurai Egg): A human drama that displays the love between a mother and her son. (Directed by Yoshiyuki Momose)
- Invisible (Tōmei Ningen): A self-proclaimed “spectacle action” short that focuses on the lonesome trials of an invisible man. (Directed by Akihiko Yamashita)
Tickets to see Modest Heroes: Ponoc Short Films Theatre Volume 1 are on sale now, The film will be shown on January 10 (subtitled) and 12 (dubbed).
Anime Herald is proud to work with GKIDS as a partner in spreading the word about this brilliant film. The folks at GKIDS have prepared a pair of tickets to see the the film in theaters, plus a Modest Heroes prize pack that includes a folder and a set of film prints.Enter by January 1 for your chance to win!
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Participants must be residents of the United States.
- The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Anime Herald or GKIDS.
- The contest ends on January 1, 2019 at 11:59PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific)
- Winners will be able to select their preferred theater and date. A representative from our partners will reach out to confirm theater choices after the contest ends.