Earlier today, Sentai Filmworks announced that they acquired BanG Dream! 2nd Season. The publisher picked up the distribution rights to the show in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Latin America and Central America.
Sentai plans to release the title to select digital outlets as a Winter 2019 simulcast, which will be followed by a home video release.
BanG Dream! 2nd Season hits Japanese TV on January 3.
Koudai Kakimoto (Cyborg 009 Call of Justice, Katana Maidens: Toji no Miko) will direct the project at SANZIGEN Animation Studio, with Kazuyuki Ueda (Hello! Kinmoza, Hinako Note) providing character designs. Yuniko Ayana (BanG Dream!, Hello! Kinmoza) is in charge of series composition for the project.
The series will have three opening themes, and two closings:
- Opening Theme: Kizuna Music ♪ by Poppin’ Party
- Opening Theme: Brave Jewel by Roselia
- Opening Theme: R・I・O・T by Raise a Suilen
- Ending Theme: Jumpin’ by Poppin’ Party
- Ending Theme: Safe and Sound by Roselia
The confirmed voice cast includes:
- Kasumi Toyama: Aimi
- Saaya Yamabuki: Ayaka Ohashi
- Arisa Ichigaya: Ayasa Itō
- Rimi Ushigome: Rimi Nishimoto
- Tae Hanazono: Sae Ootsuka
- Yukina Minato: Aina Aiba
- Aya Maruyama: Ami Maeshima
- Ran Mitake: Ayane Sakura
- Kokoro Tsurumaki: Miku Itō
Sentai Filmworks describes BanG Dream! 2nd Season as:
BUSHIROAD’s smash-hit multimedia franchise returns for a second anime season! Kasumi and the rest of Poppin’Party may have achieved their goal, but it turns out they were just at the starting line. Performing is a lot of work, and, of course, they’re not the only band in town! Do they have what it takes to reach true musical stardom?
Source: Sentai Filmworks (Press Release)