Earlier today, the official website for Studio Trigger’s Promare updated with a new trailer and visual, as well as the main voice cast attached to the project. We break the details down below.
The minute-long teaser introduces the Burning Rescue team, and the main concepts behind the film. Character dialogue sets the mood and delivers the core story beats.
The image features Galo and Lia locked in combat. Two dueling versions of a city skyline are seen behind them.
The film will star the following:
- Galo Thymos: Kenichi Matsuyama
- Lio Fotia: Taichi Saotome
- Kray Foresight: Masato Sakai
Visuals for the characters were also revealed, which you can check out below.
Promare will hit Japanese theaters in May.
Hiroyuki Imaishi (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill) will direct the project, with Shigeto Koyama (Heroman) providing character designs. Kazuki Nakashima (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill) is writing the screenplay.
Other confirmed crew members include:
- Original Concept: TRIGGER
- Original Concept: Kazuki Nakashima
- Art Director: Tomotaka Kubo (Nihon Galleries)
- Music: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Title Card/Logo Design: Hitoshi Ichiko (TGB Design)
- Animation Production: TRIGGER
- 3D CGI Production: Sanzigen
- Production: XFLAG
- Distribution: Toho Films
The project was first revealed at Anime Expo 2017, during the Trigger industry panel. At the time, it was noted that the project had been in the works for four years, and that the tone will be similar to both Gurren Lagann and Kill la Kill.
Source: Comic Natalie