Earlier today, the official Persona 5 The Animation anime website announced that upcoming TV special Stars and Ours will hit Japanese TV on March 23. The full broadcast schedule is as follows:
- Tokyo MX: 3/23/2019 at 20:00 (3/23/2019 at 8:00PM)
- Gunma TV: 3/23/2019 at 20:00 (3/23/2019 at 8:00PM)
- Tochigi TV: 3/23/2019 at 20:00 (3/23/2019 at 8:00PM)
- MBS: 3/24/2019 at 27:00 (3/25/2019 at 3:00AM)
- AT-X: 3/25/2019 at 20:00 (3/25/2019 at 8:00PM)
- BS11: 3/25/2019 at 25:30 (3/26/2019 at 1:30AM)
The special is slated to run for an hour. A visual for the special was also revealed, which you can check out below.
Masashi Ishihama (From the New World, Garakowa -Restore the World-) was tapped to direct Persona 5 the Animation at A-1 Pictures, with Satomi Ishikawa (Convenience Store Boy Friends) providing character designs. Shinichi Inotsume (Gangsta., Hayate the Combat Butler) was in charge of series composition, while Persona 5 composer Shoji Meguro (Persona 3, Persona 4) scored the soundtrack.
The series stars the following:
- Ren Amamiya/Joker: Jun Fukuyama
- Ryuji Sakamoto/Skull: Mamoru Miyano
- Morgana: Ikue Otani
- Anne Takamaki/Panther: Nana Mizuki
- Yusuke Kitagawa/Fox: Tomokazu Sugita
- Makoto Niijima/Queen: Rina Satou
- Futaba Sakura/Oracle: Aoi Yūki
- Haru Okumura/Noir: Haruka Tomatsu
- Goro Akechi: Sōichiro Hoshi
All of the cast members returned from the original Persona 5 game.
Persona 5 was originally released on Sony’s PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles in September 2016. Atlus released the title outside of Japan in April 2017.
The title received a 55-minute animated prologue, titled Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers-, on September 3, 2016. Takaharu Ozaki directed the project at A-1 Pictures, with Shinichi Inotsume (Garo: Crimson Moon, Hayate the Combat Butler) writing the script. The team of Keita Matsumoto (Sands of Destruction, Shining Hearts) and Toshiyuki Yahagi (Joker Game) provided character designs.
Source: Comic Natalie